Howdy

Options
Hi there,

Thought I would pop and say Howdy. I joined the sited just last weekend, found it after downloading the iPhone app, and have been enjoying it very much. My weight has gone up and down several times over the last 20 years or so, and recently has been on the up side! My heaviest was #175, and I was getting close to that at more than 170. I decided I didn't want to break my record, so I broke out the treadmill and started eating better again.

But I found that just wasn't enough, I was still not losing weight. I had never been a calorie counter before when I had lost weight. But I think now that I'm getting older it has become important to watch the calories as my metabolism has slowed down with age. I am loving the food counter on the site and the iPhone app. It has really opened my eyes as to how many calories it is easy to consume without realizing it!! I'm on a goal of just over 1200 calories a day, and have been able to keep to that thanks to this site. I hope it continues!

That's all for now, just wanted to say Hey and that I'm happy to have found this place.

Talk to you all more later,
Steven in Ohio

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    This is great! Welcome to MFP! Well wishes to you on your journey :happy:
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work and keep a positive attitude :) Hang in there and we are all here for you!
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome Steven! ENjoy your stay!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Good-losing to you and I have to agree with you on this site being an eye opener as it was to me as well when I first joined and realized about the calorie and nutritional balancing. :flowerforyou:
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome Steven!:flowerforyou:

This site is wonderful, I am sure you will reach your goal and good luck to you!