sports bras

Options
Why do sports bras cost a small fortune?! and does anyone know of any good ones/ where to get it? the ones i have are fine of the elliptical and walking but i started running again recently.

Replies

• TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Champion has some nice ones that have underwire. My cups size has dropped a few, but they keep the "girls" in place and support! :) I found them at a Bali's Outlet store
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately most good sports bras do cost a lot. However a well made one will last a long time. Here's a link to a good one that I absolutely love. I use it for running and it works great. It also comes in a ton of sizes.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MCL217/
  • kas1021
    Options
    thanks!
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have one that is for high impact and it zips in the front. It really keeps me together and keeps them from "waving" to everyone as we run by :) I'd look for one like that :)
  • amaroney
    Options
    The Enell's are fantastic. Easy to measure for size, and I found mine online for about $50 each. Expensive, but really supportive and comfortable. They use them on the Biggest Loser...
  • kas1021
    Options
    my problem is i wake up sore because they do too much moving when i run. I have champoion bras. & i usually double up with a tank top with a built in bra. its just really frustrating. it seems like theres always something keeping me from being motivated to get off my *kitten* these days. maybe buying a new bra will motivate me all over again. thanks everyone for the suggestions!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I buy the high impact Champion ones to hold my Ds in place even when running. They're only about $16-20 each and I get them at Target. They also sell them at the Bali outlets and Shopko.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Are you kidding? Any type of bra is expensive... anything worthy of wearing and holding up what it's purpose is for! I have a very very hard time finding something that fits me period. I'm a 38 DDDD or an E depending on brand. Good luck!
  • beerwidow
    beerwidow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Check out Title Nine Sports: http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies.do
    The more 'barbells' next to the bras the more support. :-)
  • dmrich1
    Options
    very nice topic to read on thanks for all the information
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I found some at Target, I think the brand might be Champion, but they are tight enough to keep the girls in place but not so tight that you can't get in and out of it!!!
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    Please please please, make sure you have a well supportive bra, I read that when you run, your breasts make a figure 8 motion, and if you aren't protected, you can damage the breast tissue... I bought the Enell... about $52 a piece, but oh so worth it....