30 Day Shred...

Options
Needing some advice... I would like to drop at least 10lbs so I started the 30 day shred (day 6) and so far I have gained the weight that I was hoping to lose. I am on check with the food and also doing cardio along with the DVD. My goal is to drop weight then tone up, I don't want to tone up at my weight now of 150. Should I just concentrate on food verses toning for now then when I hit my goal weight then do the dvd. I know, it sounds dumb....needing some encouragement /advice. Than you.

Replies

• PassionKatie
    Options
    Can you add another type of cardio on top of the 30 day shred? I am on week two and I speed walk every other day on top of my shred. I have lost some weight but more in inches then pounds. However, I tend to not weigh myself...more of a how I feel and look mentality.
  • mtngirl01
    mtngirl01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. You will be building this with the 30 day shred (I am doing it also, today will be day 6). But also keep in mind that more muscle means you will be burning more calories. It should start to change after awhile. Good luck!
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls! I am hoping to start seeing the scale drop...but I agree, I already feel like I have lost inches and feel great. I need to throw the scale out and weight every week not every day. Thanks girls I sent friend request so we can do the Shred together and offer advice as we kick butt!!!
  • PassionKatie
    Options
    Totally agree to throw the scale out! I am starting the shred over from day 1 today. The holidays screwed me up!
  • SwingMamma
    SwingMamma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The first time I did the 30DS I gained at the beginning and then stopped weighing myself because I could FEEL the change and didn't want to get discouraged by the scale. To my surprise by level 3 I'd dropped 6lbs. I rarely weigh myself because for me I'm trying to focus on how working out makes me feel and encourages healthier eating. The burst of energy I get in the afternoons so I can keep up with my 2 year old is much more valuable to me at this point then an arbitrary number. Keep at it!