My 370 calorie/9g fat pasta lunch :-)

Options
First off, I love pasta and can make great great pasta dishes!!! However, I can not make them my usual way now that I'm watching what I eat. Secondly, no I do not eat this many carbs in a day usually. I'm eatting very high protien and only 20% carbs most of the time. I change my carbs to MPF standards twice a month to get some carbs in :wink: With that being said, here's my lunch for the day, I really enjoyed it.

3/4 cup dry pasta
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1 slice center cut bacon (thick sliced)
2 cups chopped baby spinach
1/2 small yellow onion
1 tbs smart balance light butter
2 tbs half and half (traditional)

Cut cherry tomatoes in half and lay seed side up on roasting pan. Broil on high untill tops are "roasted". They should be a blackish color on top, but really watch these, you don't want too much balck :tongue: If they are done before everything else you can just set them aside.

In a small saute pan add bacon after you have cut it into small pieces. Fry for just a min or so, doesn't have to be all the way done. Then toss in the chopped up onion. Add some pepper, garlic salt... etc Whatever spices you want to use. I add cayenne pepper because I like it hot. Cook onion untill soft then throw in the baby spinach. This will cook way way down and it will go fast! After all this is mixed together set aside to cool. Or if you are great at multi tasking you may be all done by the time everything else is and can just add it to the pasta :happy:

Of course while you are doing all this be boiling the water and getting ready to add the pasta :wink:

In a small pan (I used an egg pan) or in the microwave add the butter to melt. Once melted add the half and half. You do not want this to boil at all!!!! Just to be warm.

Drain pasta, do not rinse. This helps the cream mixture stick better.

After pasta is drained first add the roasted tomatoes. Stir them untill the pasta becomes a pinkish red color. Next add the cream butter mixture. As you stir this will become thick and stick to the pasta. Add what ever spices you want... I used basil, garlic salt and garlic powder. Last add the onion/bacon stuff to the pasta mix all this well.

Put in a bowl and enjoy :flowerforyou:

**Most of the time I just work with what I have in the house, I'm sure this could be changed to have less fat or whatever you want it to be**

369 calories
52 carbs
9 fat
13 protien
6 fiber
Sodium is changeable based on the spices you use.

Replies