Calling all Juicing Enthusiast ~ Got Juicing Recipes?

Options
Hello everyone!

I purchased a juicer yesterday and ended up going with the Omega Vert and I don't recall the series but it is a good one that I do know. I researched these for several months as there is a wide range of prices so it is difficult to say that paying more means you are getting more but in the end I did end up spending a pretty penny so I want to get the most out of my machine.

Virgin juicer here and I am looking for great juicing combination. I want the most bang for my vegetable buck. I want to get such nutrient rich juice flowing through my veins that my cells do a double take and wonder what I am up to! LOL!! Seriously if you have a great juicing recipe or just advice/how-to's, I would really appreciate the info.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I like apple juice
  • Santosha21
    Santosha21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I use pineapple as my base for green juices
    For greens I use: kale, spinach, baby romaine, cilantro, parsley, collards, beet greens
    Then I'll add carrot, celery, apple, pear, lemon & ginger

Also apple & green grapes juiced and drank in the am is sooooo good while on a long fast, I actually started to crave it! So sweet and feels better than a cup of coffee.

Hope those two help!:flowerforyou:
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My go-to juice that I have most mornings is 3 large carrot sticks and one gala apple. Super plain but I love it. I also dislike carrots so that is the easiest way for me to "eat them".
  • DanaVP
    DanaVP Posts: 15
    Options
    I try to juice at least 3 times a week. My favorite lately has been lemonade; 3 red apples and a peeled lemon. Usually I try to get more veggies in, but the fruit tastes so good!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Bump...we are buying a juicer soon and I need ideas!
  • DanaVP
    Options
    I have a Breville and really like it. I think it was $150.
  • jw17695
    Options

I ended up hating my Breville. My Jack LaLanne is much more efficient at juicing and so much quieter.
  • DanaVP
    Options

I ended up hating my Breville. My Jack LaLanne is much more efficient at juicing and so much quieter.

Yes, it is pretty loud. How much was your Jack LaLanne?
  • jw17695
    Options
    It's been several years since I bought that one but I think it was originally about $100 and I had a 20% off coupon.
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have the NutriBullet - I love it - started it about 1 month ago and have dropped a few pounds and the bloat from the steroids I have been taking for the last three yrs (COPD).

I have been "blasting" two times a day - breakfast and lunch - they recommend 50% greens and 50% fruits but being Type II Diabetic I have been doing more like 80% greens and 20% fruits, some flax and some of the boosters (Chia seeds, goji berries)

I have introduced myself to so many new greens like swiss chard & kale. I use alot of berries, black, blue and raspberries. Use cantaloupe as that has benefits for the lungs and heart. It recommends to use either a banana or avacado in each blast for the creaminess factor.

I eat a healthy dinner (chicken, turkey, lamb, salmon or tuna) and have sauteed my new greens as well as baby spinach, spring mix, romaine - sometimes alone or I mix a few as they shrivel up to practically nothing at all and I use olive oil, lemon juice and white cooking wine with a little lemon pepper seasoning and it is delish.

So I am now getting more greens and fruits into my daily diet and this NutriBullet is so easy to rinse and clean - got mine at Target online with my Redcard - 5% off and free shipping so it was under $99 - now I hear that Kohl's has it for $99 but with a 30% coupon and using yr Target charge you will only pay $64.

Check out you tube for some great info on this little fantastic machine - comes with a user quide / recipes and a pocket nutrionist booklet as well as two blender blades and two travel cups with lids and handles as well as the large cup if you choose to drop a straw in it and drink at home. The two travel cups are deceiving as they hold the exact same amount as the large cup. All the cups fit onto the actual NutriBullet machine for less than 1 minute of mixing and you are done.
  • Santosha21
    Santosha21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Veggie Juice: kale, cilantro, parsley, grape tomatoes, celery, red pepper...V8 eat your heart out!
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump, I think we're getting juicer soon!