New here and need friends for support

Options
This is my second attempt at MFP. I am determined to change my lifestyle, not just diet. I have bad knees, so I cannot do Insanity or P90x. I am currently walking a mile a day on the treadmill, as walking on the sidewalk is too hard on my knees. I have lost SOME weight, but need more off.....it will also help my knees. I have an issue with kidney stones, so I put myself on a Uric Acid Diet and I feel a lot better. I am actually close to being vegetarian at this point. I still have occasional chicken and fish. It's been 2 weeks now. I also quit smoking on Christmas Eve. I had to, it was time; Using the patches and doing well. I NEED a strong immune system with a recent diagnosis of cancer. That is my motivation! Some people, it takes a crisis to kick them in the butt. I am one of those people. My cancer is treatable and curable, says the cancer doctor. So any and all help is welcome! Please add me and I will encourage you as well! Thanks everyone!
Krista

Replies

• trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lots of grat support on here, feel free to add me!
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    *great :smile:
  • leigh8679
    leigh8679 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I also am new and in need of all the support and friends I can get:happy:
  • kslibbin
    kslibbin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been on here a month and love it!!
  • asigaim
    asigaim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I struggle with kidney stones, too.. I'll also keep you in my thoughts with your recent diagnosis! Prayers for you through this journey and through your treatments!
  • RamTraveler
    Options
    I have found a cure for my kidney stones as well. I've done a lot of reading and 'searching' lately. Apple Cider Vinegar with the "Mother" in it. It is organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized. 4 months ago I had surgery to open up my kidney to retrieve stones that were too big to pass. I recently had flank pain again and pain from passing a stone. I took 2 Tablespoons of ACV with 1 Cup of water, 3 times a day. Within 1 hour, the pain was gone. After 3 days I had passed the stones!!! They don't come out looking like stones tho. They look like snot boogers! lmao They are dissolved! I am now drinking it every morning for maintenance. BTW.......Keep it in the fridge and mix with very cold water....makes it go down easier. Hope this helps you as much as it helped me! I'm a believer!!!!