Hi all!

Options
Hi folks,

I'm new to this site and it appears to be exactly what I want - a place to keep track of how I am doing as I try to lose a bit of weight ... well ... okay ... quite a bit of weight.

For whatever it's worth, I am a struggling novelist, retired from journalism and generally into all aspects of writing and editing. I've had a weight problem since the mid-1970s and have dieted with some success at losing weight in the past ... but with success comes a bit of relapse. My highest weight was at least 280 lbs and those clothes were still big on me when I was 270 about 2 years ago. I could have been closer to 300 at that highest point. Currently I am at 250 lbs. My lowest between those two points was 232 lbs about 10 years ago.

I have devised my own diet plan and it works when I follow it fairly close. I started again this week on that plan and hope to lose between 15-20 lbs before the middle of February (going on a cruise) and in the long run get well below 200 (170 is goal). I will be glad to share my program with anyone who wants it. You can eat almost anything you like, but have to earn those choices in a sense. I sucessfully lost 45 lbs in 3 months 10 years ago using it.

Yes, I am married and unfortunately approaching 60. I've gone through many of the same things as I am sure many others here on the site have suffered - diabetes (insulin dependent), gastroporesis (stomach paralysis), joint and musculo-skeletal pain (severe injury to hamstring that was misdiagnosed) including arthritis and some other things that are related.

Not really sure what else to tell everyone, but I will be as open as I can.

Tom Grady