Body Pump or free weights/machines

Options
I do body pump 2x a week. I also have P90X and weights which I used to do last year but was just crazy sore that it made it possible for me to do anything without the pain. I know how to use the weight machines at the gym and I guess I could find a program so I can work different muscle groups.

Just wanted to know what was people take on body pump, P90X, free weights and machines. Which one burns the most calories? Which one will make you leaner? Does it even matter as long as your lifting?

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    HIIT (high intensity interval training) and calorie deficit is the way to go. P90X, CrossFit, and many others are high intensity cardio activities that may or may not use weights that cause you to exercise for bursts of time at a very elevated heart rate. This allows for a good calorie burn during your workout, as well as good fat burn after your workout. However, getting lean also means you need to have a strict eating plan as well. I am into multi-sport activities, such as triathlons, so I do everything (although I don't really do HIIT anymore).