P90x calories burned?

Options
Hi, first I will introduce myself, I am Angie....came across this website as I am participating in a challenge at my gym. I have been experimenting with the p90x workouts. However I can't figure out how many calories I have burned when I do them. I do not have a heart rate monitor or an electronic device that I wear to figure this out. I would like to enter it in my journal on my exercise page. If anyone else has this similar problem or can help, that would be great.

On another note I went to the beachbody website and never went any further when I found out I needed to register. If anyone has registered and thinks all the information is there, I will do that.

Thanks
Angie

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The best is to use a Heart rate monitor to figure out. I log Plyo as Aerobics, high Impact, and the strength training as circuit training. Hope this helps.
  • jean3140
    Options
    Hi Angie!

How do you like those P90X workouts???? I few guys from work do them, but there pretty fit guys, I would love to try it I just don't want to get discouraged! I heard it's a SERIOUS workout!! LOL
  • scweegie
    Options
    I like the P90x workouts in that they really push your muscles to keep guessing and be confused. However some of the workouts are a challenge. I think I am going to actually do the 90 day program starting in march. I am just checking it out now.

I guess I might have to break down and buy a heart rate monitor.

Thanks!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    It really differs per person and your intensity that you do it at.

Best bet, buy a HRM with a chest strap that reads calories burned

I Did shoulders/biceps yesterday and burned almost 400 calories
  • jadejuliet33
    Options
    my volleyball coach did the P90x a few months after she had a baby to get back in shape....she showed some of the moves to us during practice and they are pretty hard. She said she was really sore, but the results were going to be worth it!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I burn anywhere between 400-900 calories, depending on which workout I am doing. It is going to differ for every person. Because I am still out of shape my heart rate runs very high during my workouts, therefore burning more calories. From what I understand, the more conditioned I become, I will be able to do the same workouts and keep my heart rate lower, in turn burning less calories during exercise...

I am no expert and am still trying to learn about heart rates and calories burned... I just started using my HRM about 2 weeks ago. Before then I was unknowingly undereating because I was underestimating my exercise.

I didn't want to break down and spend the money on a HRM, but I justified it by selling the ab lounge that was sitting in the corner of my room! It didn't cover the whole cost but it makes me feel better like I only spent $16 on the HRM. :laugh: I would suggest you buy one, it is really a great tool!
  • scweegie
    Options
    Yeah I just want to make sure that I an not undereating, becuase I am HUNGRY!!! My stomach growls a lot, but I feel like I have eaten my limit even after excercise. Heart rate monitor here I come!
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I was wondering this very same question....thanks....I guess I need to break down and get a heart rate monitor too.....

Trav.....what one did you end up getting and where?