Looking for other soccer, hockey players and runners

Hi there. I have been on here about a month now and I have some of my friends from home on here, but just curious if there are other hockey and soccer players on here. I've seen alot of posts about various topics, but not about specific sports and activities.

I'm admittedly a bit of an over-exerciser, because I am hungry all the time and I just can't get by on the 1340 cals I have been given a day. I'm currently finishing up my second month of insanity, while playing soccer 3-4 times a week and hockey once a week. I also took up running in the past year and would love to meet some new runner friends as well as I am always looking for advice on things I can do to get better and faster.

This weight loss thing is a tough road and it can be really difficult to maintain focus, it would be great to expand my support group :)

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    I used to play soccer but don't anymore...injured my knee and can't hang with the boys like I used to. I miss playing on a team that just likes to play...the kids these days all they want to do is win and hurt each other. I'm too old for that.
  • I play soccer, well I will in the summer, had to take winter off due to conflict of commitments. I also run, although I am just getting back into it after hurting my foot. I am also hungry all the time and am really trying to stick to my cals but it's difficult. Add me if you want to!
  • HI. I play soccer. I love it. I haven't played in a while but i would definitely be up for it. Where do you play?
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Soccer/footie player here. I'm defense, which is the laziest position to me (save for the keeper), so I'm trying to get into running for longer distances so I can move to the midfield, but the frigid weather up here is hindering that. I have to wait to get back into the next semester of school before I can utilize a gym.
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 758 Member
    <~~~ Hockey player here! I'm skating 2-3 times/week. One league and one or two pickup games per week :happy:
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Actually looking to do a hockey class at a local rink. Just gotta learn how to skate better first. ;)
  • BetterMike
    BetterMike Posts: 131 Member
    I've played hockey for about 6 years now, started running about 7 months ago and was about 30 lbs heavier when I started running in May.

So although I don't play soccer we have some common points. Feel free to add me.
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 758 Member
    ^^^Hockey folks above - feel free to add me!
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    I don't soccer because I'm not that coordinated on dryland, so I just try to run without having to worry about doing other things at the same time like kicking a ball lol. Hockey 3x a week and one month into crossfit.

Blossom7onice is awesome because we started Insanity together and I hated it and she kept going, it was too easy for me to say screw you Shawn T and turn off the TV - motivation, inspiration all come from her :)

Anyway, hi to everyone else and to my bestie :)