antidepressants and weight loss

Does anyone have experience losing a large amount of weight while taking antidepressants? I hear from so many people how hard it is and it has been challenging for me as well. I do realize some people may not want to put that kind of information out in the open like this but just thought I'd ask. I would like to get off mine but it's not an option right now and I still need to lose about 45 lbs. :smile:

Replies

• Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    I will never be able to stop taking Zoloft. My Anxiety and Panic is so high, without it I'd leap off a building without blinking.

Moving on, I haven't had trouble with weight gain or weight loss. Every single person is different. I'm not a person who sees side effects from medications, my sister is "allergic" to 90% of the tings she has ever been prescribed.

You've lost 10 pounds? I'd continue doing what is working for you. Working out and changing your diet could help with the chemical balance in your brain, not to get you off the anti-depressant but to maybe help you with moods, sleep and such.

Friend me if you'd like. I've been on Zoloft for about 2 yrs now and actively working on my weight loss for 35ish days. .
  • jevon761
    jevon761 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same problem.I take a mood stabelize and not sure if the weight gain was caused by the medication or the 2 years I spent severly depressed. I feel much better now but not happy with the weight gain.

Counting calories and excercising 90 minutes per day. My weight less is slower than expected but my mood is better.

Good luck.

:-)