Paleo-Happy "Pie" Recipes?

tseecka
tseecka Posts: 90 Member
I love pie. Let me start this post out by saying that. I LOVE pie. However, in the last few months, I have been trying to cut back on the pie--on all those carb-y goodies, in fact. I'm not 100% on the paleo diet but I am trying to follow it a little more closely, around 70-75%, because I've been doing that for a few months now and I feel FANTASTIC.

But I love pie. And knowing how much I love pie, my parents got me a Breville mini pie maker for Christmas. When I opened it, my mum winced a little and looked apprehensive. "I know you're trying not to eat so much grains..." she began, but I shrugged it off. MINI PIES. There's room in a 70% paleo diet for one mini pie now and then, right? And my roommate loves pie...and visions of bringing individual sized pies to family gatherings and potluck dinners began to dance before my eyes...

But I want to use it myself, too, and here's where I thought you guys might come in. I've already figured out that I can cook mini crustless quiches in this thing, which is EXCELLENT--just mix up the filling and pour it in, cook for 20 minutes and voila! But I'm just wondering what else there might be...

So when I say pie, I don't really mean in the traditional apple pie, dough and flaky crust and hot apple filling goodness--I more mean things that can be made pie-SHAPED, which would cook well in this pie maker. Ideas for alternate crusts would be awesome, too. Anything you guys have that could help me get the best out of me new, fantastic, delicious pie maker. <3

Replies

• FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Check out www.comfybelly.com, www.fastpaleo.com, www.civilizedcavemancooking.com, and www.elanaspantry.com for adaptable pie crust and filling recipes that are paleo friendly. Cheers!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Not sure about pie necessarily, but a GREAT site to check out on FaceBook is :

Just Eat Real Food.

Great recipes and info.