Is there a SAFE but short lived way to drop 5 lbs of water/m

HonestOmnivore
HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm in a weight loss challenge at work (and some of my co-workers are also using this site!). I started to diet a few months before our challenge started so I'd already lost that nice starter ten pounds.

I'm losing weight and in third place doing things the "right way" but my evil competitive self would really like to beat the guys! Is there a safe way to drop pounds even if it's only short lived? I know all the horrible things the wrestling team used to do to drop their weight down before a match - I'm not interested in actually hurting myself to win... but I'm OK with being a little uncomfortable :wink:

Would going on the South Beach 2 week initiation phase (or what ever it's called) work? The guy I really want to beat is losing more slowly than I am but he's about 8 lbs ahead of me... The last day is March 24th...

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Maybe a fasting diet - like the Hollywood diet? I've never tried it but it's out there at Walmart - I see it everytime I look to see if they carry my Zoic. :flowerforyou:
  • How long do you have? If you can stand it try the old Scarsdale Diet - it's a two week, higher protein lower carb, NO sugar, dairy, grease, alcohol. Suppposed to be able to drop a pound a day and you do it for two weeks. I did it a long time ago and did lose weight quickly. I tried it again just last year but found it pretty impossible to give up the wine!!!! That's my downfall and my area of compromise with myself! But Scarsdale is healthy so what the heck, get your competitive mojo on and go for it! You can look up Scarsdale Diet on google.
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Do you exercise? When I double my exercise for the week (instead of 5-6 hours I do 10-12 hours) & eat completely healthy (Eat only healthy carbs, no sugar, no soda, no juices, drink 100 oz of water a day) etc. This helps me to drop 5 lbs quick. I am actually trying to do this over the next couple weeks.

They key is staying consistant and not giving in to temptation. Also when I double up my exercising, I try not to eat those extra calories.

I also swear by a good spin class...or several in one week. But you have to push yourself really hard. This tends to jump start my metabolism too. Keep fresh veggies around so if you get hungry you can snack on them.

Good Luck & go kick some ***!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Maybe a fasting diet - like the Hollywood diet? I've never tried it but it's out there at Walmart - I see it everytime I look to see if they carry my Zoic. :flowerforyou:
    :sick: I think that 48 hollywood diet (it looks like orange drink, right?) is nothing more than a laxative.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Atkins 1st phase....proteins only & 3 cups of salad a day (with dressing) I lost 1 POUND a day...no kidding. It's just hard to eat meat, cheese & eggs. And then some cheese, eggs & meat etc:laugh: Very bad for your kidneys so drink lots of water!!!! But you asked for a guaranteed good first start to win. You can't get any better than this because you will not be hungry at all due to your body going into ketosis. It worked for me. Good Luck:drinker:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I've heard Atkins as well. My manager dropped at least a pound or two a day. It's better then starving yourself and screwing up your metabolisim!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    I appreciate the feed back! I know it's wrong to want to win this way...:devil: :devil: :devil: (but I DO!)
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    It's not necessarily wrong...the DR. prescribed to my diabetic mother that she's allowed NO SUGAR & NO CARBS....it's very hard to do. Her numbers are really good now but she still craves the carbs as well all do. I think I got gall bladder issues from it but maybe I was eating too much bacon or who knows. I think I got gall bladder issues from it but maybe I was eating too much bacon or who knows. Stay with the lean cuts of meats. You won't feel hungry at all after a couple of days.

I don't see why these high paid fashion models don't do this way of eating? They starve themselves when they could be eating protein & still loose...Hmmmm.

I
This discussion has been closed.