Heart attack survivor

It all started for me back in 2004.
Was taking a shower about 10 pm when the heart attack hit.
I didn't really know what was happening but I managed to get out of the shower and get dressed and told my wife that I needed to go to the hospital.
When I arrived they determined I had a blockage and they proceeded to send me off to a bigger hospital that cared for cardiac patients.
I ended up having 2 stents put in and proceeded on with my life.
In late November of 2011 I awoke not able to breath so called 911 and was taken to the hospital where they determined I needed quadruple bypass surgery.
Now, a year and a bit later I am still fighting to recover.
Looking for friends who have had similar experiences and how you managed your recovery.

Replies

• Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    I know how you feel coming from a family of congestive heart failure and a history of heart problems on both sides.
    I never imagined that i would be the very 1st and youngest out of 5 kids to ever have heart probs, Low and behold on Oct 25th 2012 I ended up having to have a stent put in because they found I had a 99% blockage and almost died, I was very lucky to say the least.

My issues started from what I thought was issues from being put on Beta blocker blood pressure meds because thats when I started having shortness of breath, tightness in my chest and left arm pain. Occasionally I would have small chest pains and they started coming more frequent but when I started having shortness of breathe i went to the Dr and he started doing tests and this is how they found there was a blockage.

Scariest thing to ever happen to me and i hope it never happens again. Thank god i didn't have a heart attack because the Dr said it would of been fatal. Now im on blood thinner meds and have other health issues that I need operations for and can't now until im off blood thinners so i now have to wait 6mo to a yr until its safe. Heart issues change everything and its very scary. I know what its like to lose a father to congestive heart failure, mine died on my 35th bday in 2002 and thats a day i'll never forget.

My blood pressure is in check and my cholesterol b4 the stent was over 300 and now im on new meds crestor and just had it checked and its really low now so im happy about that. I am more scared now though because every pain i have in my chest now I get worried and panic. that something is wrong. Im learning to relax and live again.