Favorite Pre- and Post-Workout Meals/Snacks?

Hey guys! Just looking for a few ideas on what you like to eat before and after your workouts. I typically workout around 10:00 in the morning, so I do breakfast at least an hour before, a small snack immediately after as I'm driving home, then lunch. My workout ranges from 30-60 minutes of cardio depending on the day, then about 30 minutes of strength training, alternating upper and lower body each day.

So I'm looking for suggestions of your favorite workout meals -- not too heavy, but nutrient-dense and something I won't be burping up while I'm on the elliptical or doing Zumba. Eww! :wink:

Replies

• GymMum8
    GymMum8 Posts: 28
    I go straight after work. So between 3:30-4:00, I'll have either tin tuna or some chicken/turkey meatloaf muffins, handful of vegetables and a little sweet potato. Another favourite is an apple with a little peanut butter on it.

Post training I'll have a banana and shake. Then about an hour after getting home I'll have dinner.

Mel
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    I eat nothing before or during the workout. Only water. I will have some eggs or a protein shake after a workout. On days I don't workout, I eat nothing until lunch.
  • usually like to have some oatmeal with some walden farms 0 calorie syrup and a protein shake. intra workout i l ike to have gatorade mixed with bcaa's and glutamine. and for my post workout usually another shake and rice with some kind of meat; usually chicken.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Pst workout is usally fruit, don't know why but I crave it!
  • tehman
    tehman Posts: 10 Member
    I do not eat before morning workouts but go for 10-15g protein right after (either toast with reduced fat peanut butter, or if a real heavy workout then heavy protein bar And peanut butter).. 45 mins before afternoon workouts i usually eat a Forward Foods Detour bar or clif bar to provide energy. Post workout again is looking for 20g of protein in regular meal if eating right away or protein bar. All the talk of protein is because I am focused on weight loss right now so I want to maintain the muscle mass.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    I eat a bowl of cereal before I head to the gym and then dinner when I get home.