• lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    yes you could.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like how now I don't have to think about what I'm eating

As has already been said, unfortunately the app will not know your calorie goals or specifically your macro goals and therefore you will still need to think about what you are eating.
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Your food shouldnt have a bar code to scan!!!! Eat clean!!! :) Its healthy!
  • lsilly15
    Options
    What determines if it's healthy or not? Does the app know my calorie and macro goals? Does it track what I've eaten throughout the day to know how the food I'm about to track fits in with all the other food I've eaten?

This exactly. I'd rather read the labels of my food and decide whether *I* think they are healthy for *me*. A quick look at the amount of sugar in most granola bars is enough to tell you something--unless of course you want to eat a bunch of relatively quickly digested carbs.

what is considered a decent amout in granola bars
  • OctoberxxRaee
    Options
    Thanks ! I look into it .
  • kylieannfran
    kylieannfran Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Have it! Love it!
  • lsilly15
    Options

love it!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I like the feature where after you pinch one off you can scan it and it will tell you what you need to add to your diet....... I mean lifestyle. It's not a diet.

I like you.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I watched the show FOOD, INC on Netflix and then I got this app, ya its pretty amazing what we think is 'healthy'

again, no food is unhealthy unless eaten in excess.
  • vwpiper
    vwpiper Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Plenty of healthy foods have bar codes.

And in all seriousness about the app, as others pointed out, it doesn't sound very helpful since it doesn't put anything into context. Learn to read labels. Take a quick look at the ingredients and the grams of protein, fiber and sugar, mainly. That will give you a great idea.

I bet that app says oranges aren't healthy.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    how does it define 'healthy?' because there is no one food that is inherently unhealthy.

WRONG. Sorry. But that's wrong.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    how does it define 'healthy?' because there is no one food that is inherently unhealthy.

WRONG. Sorry. But that's wrong.

that's wrong.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is just trying to help those who don't know what all the "confusing" ingredients are on a food label. Not all of us are whiz's at chemical names. The app tells you what those chemicals are and what it does to the body. I'd suggest this App for someone who is just starting out to use as a tool to learn what ingredients mean. My rule of thumb is if it looks like i can't pronounce it, it probably isn't good for me. *shrugs*
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    I think the OP is just trying to help those who don't know what all the "confusing" ingredients are on a food label. Not all of us are whiz's at chemical names. The app tells you what those chemicals are and what it does to the body. I'd suggest this App for someone who is just starting out to use as a tool to learn what ingredients mean. My rule of thumb is if it looks like i can't pronounce it, it probably isn't good for me. *shrugs*

plenty of hard-to-pronounce things are good for you. just sayin.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

The ingredients aren't what's important on a nutrition label.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I watched the show FOOD, INC on Netflix and then I got this app, ya its pretty amazing what we think is 'healthy'

again, no food is unhealthy unless eaten in excess.

3r9pey.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Fooducate

get that app! it grades your foods and foods you thought were good for you! I just scanned my granola bar and i guess its terrible where i thought it was a 'healthy'snack. but what is nice is that they give you healthy alternatives!

OP, what granola bar did you scan, and what did it say made it unhealthy?
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! i actually had that app on my old phone...but never really looked into it much...i will now!!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    tried to scan my tap water with this app to see if it was really good water.
    waste of time, now I need a new phone.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: