Need heavy lifting program for women for AT HOME dumb bells.

Options
2»

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I'm getting great results from ChaLean Extreme. You can lift as heavy as you want, and the push month is 8 reps, not 12. FR me and I'll try to get you some progress pics this weekend.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I just got 52.5 lb DB and a bench. I want Chalean Extreme but it is not in my budget right now. I have a friend mailing me NROLFW. I can't wait to start lifting heavy.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm getting great results from ChaLean Extreme. You can lift as heavy as you want, and the push month is 8 reps, not 12. FR me and I'll try to get you some progress pics this weekend.

I'm in the 8-rep Push month of ChaLean Extreme and am loving it.

When I finish I'll either do another round (only heavier) or see if I can modify Stronglifts or NROLFW to my adjustable dumbbells.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Chalean isn't really heavy lifting. Reps of up to 12 are more for muscle endurance.

Strong lifts and New Rules for Lifting for women are good programs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Do yourself a favour and go look at the full program - it is not 12 reps - two of the three phases is 6-8 and 8-10....As heavy as possible....Mostly compound moves - I don't think one legged deadlifts with 100lbs is light of meant for muscle endurance only......
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Chalean isn't really heavy lifting. Reps of up to 12 are more for muscle endurance.

Strong lifts and New Rules for Lifting for women are good programs.

IDEA Fitness member

Do yourself a favour and go look at the full program - it is not 12 reps - two of the three phases is 6-8 and 8-10....As heavy as possible....Mostly compound moves - I don't think one legged deadlifts with 100lbs is light of meant for muscle endurance only......
    When you circuit train (and this is a circuit training video) while you can fail in the "push circuit", circuit training doesn't allow for the highest possible weight poundages for each of the exercises. This isn't disputed by any sports training or programs for strength and power.
    To complete the multiple exercises in 30 minutes doesn't allow one to recover adequately enough to perform maximal (85%+ of 1RM) between sets.
    This is why many "heavier" strength programs focus on only one to two bodyparts per session.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Body Beast? It's an at-home fitness DVD program aimed towards building serious muscle mass. I've only heard great things about this program! PM me for deets.
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    I asked a similar question a few weeks ago
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819720-dumbell-lifting-for-women
    i did stage 1 of nrolfw, and i am now starting stronglifts but modifying for dumbells instead of a barbell