Low protein dinner options

Options
Hi, I have about 650 calories left for dinner. But I've almost hit my protein limit (I'm trying not to go over much due to issues with kidney stones). I also only had 8 grams of fat so far today. So. I need a dinner idea that has carbs and fat but not much protein. Any ideas? Thanks.

Meredith

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    edit!

Pasta
    Potatoes
    Salad
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein levels a bit low anyway. This isn't something you should worry about going over on.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You can change the macros. In settings. You should aim for 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight. Say you weight 150lbs you'd want to shoot for 150 grams a day.

This is what I read anyway - I am not an expert by any means.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Not all of the numbers MFP tracks should be considered maximums. The protein is a good minimum to aim for.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Pasta or pizza with a pesto sauce and plenty of veggies.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Um, the Op said she has kidney issues, therefore the usual "MFP sets protein too low" doesn't apply in this instance!

Slice of toast with jam or butter.

Jacket potato with salsa or pickles

Pasta with a tomato sauce
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Geez, didn't most even bother to read the OP? She said she is keeping protein low for MEDICAL reasons.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    OP- What has your doctor told you about protein limits? If we know what you can have we may be better able to point you in the right direction.