I feel like an idiot

Options
cwolfman13
cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
1.) for not lifting heavy earlier on
2.) for waiting until Christmas morning to open the present from my wife (starting strength and a HRM for my cardio) even though I knew what I was getting.
3.) for looking like a "girly-man" with the weight I'm putting up. Oh well, I'm focusing on form for the first few weeks and then I'll start upping the weight and intensity.

I love this...just wish I would have started earlier.

Edit: I thought I posted this earlier, but couldn't find it anywhere...so sorry if this is a re-post.

Replies

• ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    Click on "my topics" and all your posts will show up, whether you started the thread or not. It likely just cycled off the main board.

It's better to FEEL like an idiot with good form than to BE an idiot with an avoidable injury!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    3.) for looking like a "girly-man" with the weight I'm putting up. Oh well, I'm focusing on form for the first few weeks and then I'll start upping the weight and intensity.
    You'll look like much less of an idiot lifting "girly man" weights than the egomaniacs throwing twice what they should be with poor form and tons of cheating. Benching 135 with strict/good form (assuming 135 is what somebody can reasonably lift) is a lot more effective than bouncing 225 off your chest with your back twisted into a pretzel and having a spotter pulling the weight up while shouting "It's all you, bro!".