how does it make sense?

stef_e_b
stef_e_b Posts: 593
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've lost 3 inches off my waist this month and 2 off of my hips. I've gained 15 pounds!!!

It doesn't make sense to me. The gain makes sense I've been eating poorly and not very active its the inches that don't make sense. It also can't be my measurements because I have a mole on my hip that I measure from and I don't do the measurements myself so I see in the mirror that its straight as well as my boyfriend can see that its straight.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I am not sure.... everyone's body is different... If you were doing strength training, maybe it's the after effects of that....

I would enjoy the lost inches and use it as a motivator to get back in the game!! :drinker:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    sure it does - you've lost 'fat' and are building 'muscle' and remember muscle weighs more than fat but muscle takes up much less space... so your body is adjusting to the new you and your new lifestyle... go with it! That's Wonderful!!! :bigsmile:
  • Jenna1972
    Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Have you checked your body fat %? While the monitors aren't 100% accurate, they do show if you are increasing muscle mass. I haven't lost a pound in two weeks, but my body fat has gone done .5% I have an atheltic build and want to keep it. You may also have eaten less salt. Salt makes me bloat like a fish and skews my measurements.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    If you've been eating poorly and not exercising, I have no clue why you'd gain weight and lose inches. The body is a strange thing.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    wanna trade? i've lost the pounds and gained the inches. you can have them back. :D
This discussion has been closed.