Options
MireyGal76
MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
I ran across this photo from December 16, 2008. The day I got my first tattoo:
DSCF0479c.jpg

this picture was taken December 2012:
16124725_976.jpg

I work full time.
I have two children (one born 2005, one born 2007).
I am separated and share custody.
I commute.

I decided to run a half marathon in 2010, and started training. I would get up at 5am and run on the treaddy, and do a long run on the weekends. Some days I would get a few hours sleep and still run the next morning.

I no longer run as much, but I still run, zumba, and make it a point of taking in my ritual hour long boxing class once a week.
I am now on maintenance mode, so I'm not as crazy at counting calories, but I still keep them in mind and often log. I want to make a point of logging better over the coming year.

I just wanted to post this as proof that IT IS POSSIBLE! You may not want to make it to where I am, and that is fine, but if you DO, it is possible.

Just remember... It has taken me about 3.5 years of slow and steady dedicated progress. It wasn't an overnight six pack.

The last 10 pounds have taken me 12 months to lose.

Keep at it, IT IS POSSIBLE!

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You're such an amazing person and inspiration!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    You are incredible!
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: Its only because I absolutely effing love you that I'm going to say: I hate you. Your before picture was taken likely less than a year after the birth of your second child and your stomach is flatter than mine has been in 15 years. That said....you absolutely inspire me. I love your dedication , your humor and outlook on life in general. Three cheers for you chica:flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great work!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGG Girl! Way to rock it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congrats to you on your hard work, it's most definitely paid off!
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR MOTIVATION!!
  • JKing727
    Options
    SUPER motivating! Thanks for sharing! Especially because most people would be looking at you or at me even and say.. oh.. there in nothing you could do to improve (before picture) BAM!! You showed them!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    LOVE the tattoo. LOVE.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look amazing!!!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is impressive.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You have a great physique, have you ever considered competing? You seem to have the genetic chops for it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Incredible! 3.5 years well spent! X
  • Melitta42
    Melitta42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    U rock girl!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    You have a great physique, have you ever considered competing? You seem to have the genetic chops for it.

Thank tou!

I have thought about it a few times, but I really don't have enough time to devote to that intense a training. My girls are 5 and 7 and there isnt a lot of free time right now... perhaps when they're a bit older...
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, and incredible :-) One of my three biggest inspirations :-)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I keep coming back to this post. You give me a lot of hope that I can someday reach my goal even after children.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look amazing. I have another 15 pounds to go and it seems like it is going to take forever.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!