My A-Ha moment...

Raphi
Raphi Posts: 124 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Well, thanks to my new friends here on MFP; I now know that there is NO, i repeat NO quick fix to permanent weight los, NONE what so ever, NO way, No how :noway: !
After reading the "Newbies please read" articles, I realized that I had to give my metabolism a chance to get in gear, eat within my calories and goals, and enjoy the ride, because this is no diet, it's a way of life!
For the last 2 weeks I've been searching high and low for a way to melt my love handles and belly before my trip to Cuba (in little over 3 weeks). The thing is, I didn't want to be asked if I was pregnant, like 3 years ago in Dominican Republic, when the clerk at the reservation desk asked jokingly "for 3 persons?!" pointing at my belly when we reserved a table for 2 for dinner :mad: !! I WASN'T pregnant, my daughter was 1 year old!
So, this year I might still look preggo on Cuba's beach :ohwell: , but at least I look like 4 months instead of 6 :tongue: like in last december...
And, I'm gonna keep logging in my food, following my goals, exercise; just that, no weird metabolism switcharoo diet, no "magic" supplements, no frantic posting for quick help :sad: , just log in my food (even when I'm not a good girl :blushing: ), follow my goals, and exercise.
Next trip, I'll be smokin' hot:smokin: :laugh: !!

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    There you go!!! You go and get those goals!!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: You'll make it!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Yay!! You will be much happier with a lifestyle change that makes sense than you would be with a "quick fix" that unfixes just as quick!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    sounds like you have a plan! WORK IT!!!! :happy:
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    stick to the plan and you WILL be smokin hot lady!! sounds like your on the right track!! good for you! and the very best of luck to you! but it doesn't sounds like you'll need it.....you CAN do this.:smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,342 Member
    Smokin' hotiness is in the head, anyway. All about confidence. :smokin: You're already there.

And shrug off those people who's mouths are in motion before their brains are in gear.
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Aaaaw... thanks so much ladies :heart:
    It's so nice to be able to share our thoughts on these posts :)
This discussion has been closed.