looking for a decent heart rate monitor

Options
any suggestions on a good one that's decently priced?

Replies

• doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    can't go wrong with any of the Polar ones.....i've had mine for 3 years and it still works great. Very easy to set up too
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with doornumber03. I have a Polar FT7 and love it!
  • law1558
    law1558 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a Polar user, too. The FT series runs anywhere from $55 to $150, so plenty of options!
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My wife and I each have a Polar FT7 and love it.
  • MEFME
    MEFME Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    well I guess polar then! thanks evry1
  • ejobiv
    ejobiv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go in a different direction here... I love my very simple, very cheap Timex HRM. it is model T5G971 (it is the one with buttons on all four corners not just two buttons.) It was recommended in the book "Younger Next Year"...which is great, BTW.

I've been using it for 3 years...changed batteries a couple of times. Costs about $40 at Wal3art or online. Note it is an ANALOG model ...the fancier HRM's all have DIGITAL straps, but lots of cardio machines pickup the analog signal on the display (treadmill, eliptical, bike, etc.)...the neighboring machine may too. I love the 60 second recovery count-down button. Great to use for any 60-second countdown purpose...not just recovery.

Polars are fine...just fancier IMHO. I'd avoid the Timex Ironman series -- big and bulky. Tons of features but very crowded display. The display is something to consider when you are working out -- you ought to be able to glance down and see everything. I'm 51 yo guy and "glancing" anywhere is getting harder but this Timex has a nice, readible display.

Good luck.
  • dqgirl1
    dqgirl1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was wanting one too and my husband got my a polar FT7 and i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
  • MEFME
    MEFME Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks, nice option.