Advice and be honest PLEASE

Options
OK all my friends :-) I need advice and PLEASE be honest. Since I have stepped up my exercise I am burning way more then I thought I would. What I need advice on is this :-)
Do I set my Goal for 1200 and then eat a percentage of my body Media burn calories back? What percent?
OR
Set it for my TDEE and eat none of the calories back?

My concerns are: If I am working the ambulance and do not get a good workout in then I maybe eating too many calories, but if I get a good workout in then I am eating 2 few calories.

I have 2 jobs and each day is way different in the calories burn. So it is very hard to calculate on a average what I burn.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Do you know your BMR? If so, set your goal to your TDEE, make sure you eat at least your BMR every day (preferably higher, especially if you're active and/or working out, and it sounds like you are) - as long as you come in under TDEE, you should lose. If you log your exercise cals, then just make sure your NET is at least your BMR, and still stay under TDEE for total cals for the day.

Clear as mud? :tongue:

This thread might explain it better - and I'd ditch the 1200 cal goal - your BMR is likely higher than that!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    how about resetting your activity to accurately reflect what you're doing. for instance with working 2 jobs a day you shouldnt be set to sedentary.

changing your activity level should give you more accurate calories to start from without trying to start off on sedentary and then try and figure out what to do with exercise calories
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    OK all my friends :-) I need advice and PLEASE be honest. Since I have stepped up my exercise I am burning way more then I thought I would. What I need advice on is this :-)
    Do I set my Goal for 1200 and then eat a percentage of my body Media burn calories back? What percent?
    OR
    Set it for my TDEE and eat none of the calories back?

My concerns are: If I am working the ambulance and do not get a good workout in then I maybe eating too many calories, but if I get a good workout in then I am eating 2 few calories.

I have 2 jobs and each day is way different in the calories burn. So it is very hard to calculate on a average what I burn.

When you figure TDEE - 20%, it includes a general lifestyle of exercise and activity. So instead of eating exercise calories, you have the same allotment you eat everyday whether or not you exercise, based on your general activity.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.