Rubbing Legs

Options
Alright ladies, I know I'm not the only one.....
My thighs rub together when I walk. I thought this would go away 10, even 20 pounds ago, but they still do. I am about 141 pounds, muscular and fit. How long does it take to make the rubbing go away? I am trying to get down to 130 by this summer.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    It seems to me, mechanically speaking, that unless you have extremely wide hips, are very very thin (or bow-legged) that everyone's legs rub together....:ohwell:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It seems to me, mechanically speaking, that unless you have extremely wide hips, are very very thin (or bow-legged) that everyone's legs rub together....:ohwell:

As much as I would like it to be otherwise.....I am afraid she is right.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options

agreed. everyone's physical makeup is different, and some women have voluptuous thighs now matter how fit or thin they are!!! i'll bet beyonce's thighs rub together!!!

i have to say, though...this reminds me so much of susan powter..."stop the insanity"...bwaahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options

agreed. everyone's physical makeup is different, and some women have voluptuous thighs now matter how fit or thin they are!!! i'll bet beyonce's thighs rub together!!!

i have to say, though...this reminds me so much of susan powter..."stop the insanity"...bwaahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

OMG!!! I had forgotten about HER!!!!!!! I had one of her tapes - was having some success with it too... until the ol' boy destroyed it :explode: *sigh*...

As far as the rubbing thighs... this is why (even when I was thin) refused to where couderoys!!!!!!!! Hated that swishy sound they made! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :laugh: ....and I actually stood up and walked around for a few steps when she asked that question.......I never really thought of that as a "problem" to overcome...now I'll probably think about it for a week....:noway: :grumble:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Mine rub too, and 10 pounds lighter from now, they still will. For alot of women I don't believe it ever goes away. I have well-developed thigh muscles from riding horses since I was a kid, but I think it would still be the case if I had less muscle there. if you're fit and healthy, don't let it bother you, it's a molehill. :)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Even when I was thin - my thighs rubbed together. I'll never forget a friend telling me that she had lost weight and that hers no longer rubbed... I was like... "WHAT? You mean... that's possible?"

Some people just don't have the genes to have "skinny legs"... I don't - I have muscular legs... and ya know what? I like it!
  • Rcasey1985
    Options
    Even when I was 117 pounds and a size 2, my thighs rubbed together when walking. I agree with the above posters that most womens' thighs probably do rub together, unless they're super skinny or have very, very wide hips (and I have pretty wide hips myself...)
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm a wide hipped girl and I still got the cricket thing going on. The Monistat chafing relief powder/gel is a life saver for the few times I decide to wear skirts or shorts. http://www.monistat.com/soothing-care-powder-gel
  • sonjavon
    Options
    I'm a wide hipped girl and I still got the cricket thing going on. The Monistat chafing relief powder/gel is a life saver for the few times I decide to wear skirts or shorts. http://www.monistat.com/soothing-care-powder-gel

*wiping water off the screen and keyboard* - cricket thing! LOL! Thanks....
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

CRICKET!!! OMG I just spit my water at my computer. thats fantastic :):)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Even when I was 117 pounds and a size 2, my thighs rubbed together when walking. I agree with the above posters that most womens' thighs probably do rub together, unless they're super skinny or have very, very wide hips (and I have pretty wide hips myself...)

Yea, same here, when I was 115lbs it was the same. For most women I don't think it goes away, I used to wonder about it too when I saw women whose legs didn't touch.
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments! I've just wondered that since I did soccer (14 years ago) and my thigh muscles got really big. It made for some very self conscious teenage years! I just HATE how when I wear shorts they seem to ride up to my crotch.......
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Oh, that may be more the clothes than the girl. Certain lengths are better than others. I like either Bermuda length or very short. The in-between length doesn't work for me. Any tight fitting medium length (like mid-thigh) shorts ride up on me too. If it is when you are exercising, go with capri length nylon/poly blends. They wick the moisture, and don't ride up when you run.
  • sonjavon
    Options
    Thanks for the comments! I've just wondered that since I did soccer (14 years ago) and my thigh muscles got really big. It made for some very self conscious teenage years! I just HATE how when I wear shorts they seem to ride up to my crotch.......

Some of that should go away as you lose weight - because your shorts are a little bigger. The other thing is - maybe you need shorts that are a different material. I've had this problem my whole life! I've perfected "the walk" - 5 steps forward, 1 to the side. I've found that shorts that are a little heavier (denim) and a little shorter than what I used to wear don't cause the same problem. Good luck!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

Some of that should go away as you lose weight - because your shorts are a little bigger. The other thing is - maybe you need shorts that are a different material. I've had this problem my whole life! I've perfected "the walk" - 5 steps forward, 1 to the side. I've found that shorts that are a little heavier (denim) and a little shorter than what I used to wear don't cause the same problem. Good luck!

I do the walk too!!!! I add a little jiggle with the step to the side :)
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    when i wear the wrong shorts workingout I have a chaffing issue, I learned real fast what short didn't work. Deoderent on the inner thighs works wonders. :embarassed: