Options
    1) WAR (damn you Mythic!)
    2) LOTRO
    3) Skyrim

Hon. mention goes to..... Rockstar Ate My Hamster :tongue:
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Booya! I absolutely love Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, most of the SNES Final Fantasy games. Squaresoft was great. Who made Earthbound?
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy 6 (3 in the US)
    Final Fantasy 7

you said 3, but Secret of Mana was very good too. I'm an RPG addict, grew up on Square Soft games in the 90s on the snes. These 3 games are ones that I consistently play over and over

You, sir, have great taste in games. :D

I've always wanted Square to remake 7. I think a lot of people do, really. But I doubt SquareEnix will ever do it. I'm pretty disappointed in their recent games. Everything after FF10 is pretty bad.

Booya! I absolutely love Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, most of the SNES Final Fantasy games. Squaresoft was great. Who made Earthbound?

The music was killer on all of those. I'm especially thinking of the kickin' bassline during battles in FF2 (U.S. release)!
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My list goes like this

1. Madden series
    2. Gears of War series
    3. Batman Arkham City
  • dtreg35
    dtreg35 Posts: 93
    Options
    Mike Tysons punch out
    rbi baseball
    ncaa football (series) EA
  • dtreg35
    dtreg35 Posts: 93
    Options
    tiger woods series
  • ChecktheRhyme
    ChecktheRhyme Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy 7

you said 3, but Secret of Mana was very good too. I'm an RPG addict, grew up on Square Soft games in the 90s on the snes. These 3 games are ones that I consistently play over and over

I've always wanted Square to remake 7. I think a lot of people do, really. But I doubt SquareEnix will ever do it. I'm pretty disappointed in their recent games. Everything after FF10 is pretty bad.

I agree with pretty much all but the last sentence lol. 12 was pretty decent, but 11 and 13 were definitely crap. I stopped paying much attention to the series since 13 was released. Love that someone said Leisure Suit Larry! I used to play that one too and it was really fun and funny. Lounge Lizards was my favorite one.

One that I didn't see thrown in was Grim Fandango if anyone at all played it. It's awesome and was so underadvertised.

Apparently one of the creators of the FF series said they'd consider a FF7 remake only when they make another FF that surpasses it. That's crazy. It'll never happen.

They teased everyone with a tech demo, too! When the PS3 first came out they remade the FF7 intro with PS3 graphics to show the PS3s capabilities. It's beautiful!

FF7 PS3 Tech Demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ

Starts at :15
  • ChecktheRhyme
    Options
    Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy 7

The music was killer on all of those. I'm especially thinking of the kickin' bassline during battles in FF2 (U.S. release)!

Friggin' loooove Earthbound. You don't see very many RPGs that take place in the present day. It was a very unique game.
  • LK0321
    LK0321 Posts: 25
    Options
    PC: Dungeon Keeper (1st edition), and Aion
    Ps2: Timesplitters 2
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Someone mentioned Grim Fandango. Never played it, but it looked amazing and pretty darn unique. A detective style noir set in a Mexican dia de los muertos style land of the dead. Cool.

The same developer made a game called Psychonauts, which I also have not played, but which looked amazing. Apparently the guy was ahead of his time and somewhat unappreciated.

Anyway, Grim Fandango made me think of MediEvil. Anyone? Anyone?!?
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Of all time?

3) Donkey Kong
    2) Tetris
    1) Asteroids
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Super Mario
    Mine craft
    And......Halo 4 ( mostly because that's all I play lately lol)
  • ChecktheRhyme
    Options
    PC: Dungeon Keeper (1st edition), and Aion
    Ps2: Timesplitters 2

Thanks to you reminding me about Dungeon Keeper (I only played the 2nd one when I was younger and LOVED IT) I went ahead and bought the 1st and 2nd one off gog.com. Let's hope they'll run on Windows 7. I know older games have a compatibility issue with a newer OS.
  • nelson1975
    nelson1975 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Super Mario Bros.
    Tetris
    Street Fighter
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned Grim Fandango. Never played it, but it looked amazing and pretty darn unique. A detective style noir set in a Mexican dia de los muertos style land of the dead. Cool.

The same developer made a game called Psychonauts, which I also have not played, but which looked amazing. Apparently the guy was ahead of his time and somewhat unappreciated.

Anyway, Grim Fandango made me think of MediEvil. Anyone? Anyone?!?

Oh yes, I've played Grim Fandango and MediEvil. I'd forgotten about MediEvil. I loved the atmosphere and music of that game. Grim Fandango as a favourite but I found it frustratingly hard at times trying to work out what to do. But it was very funny. I still find myself thinking of quotes from it. "The secret to my happiness is that I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar ..."

I also used to like Discworld Noir at around the same time.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Civilization
    Warcraft
    Diablo
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1. Mortal Kombat
    2. Orcania Of Time
    3. Harry Potter