1500 Famous Star and Chilli Fries

Options
Just had a Famous Star and Chili Fries from Carl's Jr for the first time in over 2 months, and it's the first time I log it on MFP! WOW, it scared me. 1500 calories, I had water with it, thank god. I think it's my last Burger/Fries combo this year, I don't think it's worth 1500 calories. Now I have to really hit Insanity hard today, and a bit more or it's the only meal I'm having. =0)

I'm happy I'm using MFP.

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    The good news is you logged it! Good for you and enjoy that workout!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Did it leave a weird greasy film in your mouth?

Now that I'm off that stuff I find it leaves a strange aftertaste (and texture) in my mouth that I can't get rid of. I guess it's the grease?
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Don't make it your last. There are plenty of burgers/fries combos that are NOT 1500 calories. Just make that your last Famous star :)
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    That is quite scary. It is shocking when you eat certain foods then log it on here. A real eye opener and I think logging is a good way of motivating you to exercise. It works that way for me anyway. There are other places you can get a burger for a good calorie. Enjoy your insanity workout.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way when I logged in a Steak N Shake 5 way chilli. Almost 1200 calories. Wow!!
    This is why so many people are over-weight. Most people do not realize what they are eating vs what they really need.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way when I logged in a Steak N Shake 5 way chilli. Almost 1200 calories. Wow!!
    This is why so many people are over-weight. Most people do not realize what they are eating vs what they really need.

So true. And that is why MFP has been so useful to me. I've really learned a lot about portions, and better restaurant choices. It has also taught me to do some research beforehand so I don't get too surprised. Although this isn't always possible, but I try.