Fat or Loose Skin

Options
Heya Guys,

So i'm wondering if this is fat or loose skin, i've been to a plastic surgeon, but he said I would need lipo and that i had more loose skin that was normal for my age. It doesn't respond very well to excersize and always seems to stay there, lets see if we can get this settled once and for all, is this fat or loose skin? http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/veganbabe89/media/Photoon1-4-13at629PM_zps9c995aff.jpg.html?evt=email_share

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I bet most people on here would kill to have your problem!
  • eandrsmom
    eandrsmom Posts: 119
    Options
    Whatever it is, I am sporting it too. I have found that it is slowly disappearing with good eating. Sad thing is, I can feel my stomach muscles underneath and they are ripped. Keeping my fingers crossed that one day you can see them rather than feel them!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    from the pic - that is NOT loose skin.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    from the pic - that is NOT loose skin.

^^I totally agree.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I doesn't look like loose skin to me either.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Fat.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Fat.

^^^^Agree.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Fat.

^^^^Agree.

Agree as well.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    doesnt look like loose skin at all. That right there is FAT
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hard to see with the bright light on it but it looks like you are pinching fat..not skin...skin would look thinner and more wrinkly . Just my opinion.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Fat.
  • joconnor09
    Options
    I'd trust the doctor. To me, the picture looks like fat, which won't go away no matter how many crunches you do. That's where diet comes in and is so important. It's like that saying, abs are made in the gym but revealed in the kitchen. You do what's right for you. If you have excess skin, fat, etc. and you feel that lipo or a tummy tuck is the best option, then go for it. Do whatever it is that will make you happiest and make you feel like your best self.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It looks like fat and skin... The ONLY way to get rid of it is too burn more fat! Sucks I know. Usually people are skinny all over except there, u keep working out etc to lose it and it stays but u keep losing weight and inches. Ive een doing this for a while and will never understand it all. I too as the other post can feel the muscle underneath but have NFC how to make it go away! sigh........ I keep hearing " it will eventually" so I will keep at it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Pinch the skin on top of your hand......that is lose skin. What I see is fat and with patience you can lose it.

Good luck
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    fat.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Looks like fat to me, loose skin would probably hang all by itself and most likely be lower that that.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hmmm looks like fat to me, but I'm no Doctor :wink:
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    its really hard to tell from one photo, but i do tend to agree with everyone. remember abs are made in the gym, found in the kitchen. a good way to see if its lose skin is to plank - look down - whats hanging there - does it feel soft end empty?? skin. or is it thick and full?? fat. ??? breath out, tense all abs do the same thing - is it soft tissue or thick fat??
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I feel like throwing confetti in the air because you used the word "loose" properly.

\0/
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Skin with a layer of fat under it, don't see anything loose. If you want to be slimmer you need to reduce your bodyfat further. Targeting the abdominal area involves a whole anti stress lifestyle from sleep to diet - if you are vegan it's more challenging due to the effects of carbs on blood sugar, insulin and adrenaline. Be sure you are getting plenty of protein and essential fatty acids, do you take a concentrated marine algae supplement for long chain omega-3s? Might be best working on the exercise side - very high intensity cardio intervals. Can't see why you need liposuction just diet and exercise, I would have thought lipo would leave empty loose skin.