Lays Lite

Options
heatther
heatther Posts: 227 Member
I don't know if anyone else gets the chip cravings but I tried the Ruffles lite and they are awesome and have no fat! I also bought fat free sour cream and added a packet of onion soup mix for some fat free dip! One more thing that I love and can now eat!!! They are great at parties and I bet no one would know they are eating fat free!

Replies

• heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else gets the chip cravings but I tried the Ruffles lite and they are awesome and have no fat! I also bought fat free sour cream and added a packet of onion soup mix for some fat free dip! One more thing that I love and can now eat!!! They are great at parties and I bet no one would know they are eating fat free!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

Are those the chips that are cooked in ...whatever that stuff is that starts with an "O"...and can make some people sick on their stomach? If so I didn't think that they made that anymore. Personally, it never bothered me when I had them, but I know some people that the side effects were...let's just say...not to pretty! :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Olestra, same crap that makes your poo your pants in the alli pill. Olestra was taken off the american market because of the side effects. Another thing, fat isn't bad for you, you need fat for many reasons, children need fat and protein for brain developement to name one important item. Remember, just because you made it have less fat or "no fat" doesn't mean you can eat all you want, calories still count!
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options

I tried some a few weeks ago and they were GOOD! I would buy them again if I had a craving. At least I could eat enough of them to stop the craving at the time as the calories were reasonable for the serving size.

I wouldn't eat too many at a sitting though because too much Olestra has the tendency to go right through you.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Olestra!!!! Thanks! That was driving me crazy!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I've eaten Baked lays a couple times...they're basically dehydrated potatoes with corn starch and leavening. They have 1.5 g fat, 26 g carb, 2 g fiber and 2 g protein in a 99 cent bag which isn't bad. In my opinion, they're a better choice since they don't contain anything that'll cause GI problems. I don't bother with too much fat free stuff because it's usually higher in sugar, with the exception of milk/yogurt/cottage cheese.