Calorie Intake

I can't seem to eat enough anymore and I don't know why. I only get about 700-900 calories a day then to add exercise I'm just in a bad spot. Anyone have any ideas to help increase my appetite?

Replies

• ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    what are you eating? not all food has the same caloric density
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    At the very least, for a short, sedentary person, one should be eating 1200 plus exercise. It's hard to know anything without stats/background/exercise plan ect..
  • GymMum8
    GymMum8 Posts: 28
    Just had a quick look at your diary. You need to eat at least 3 meals a day. I eat 6 smaller meals a day. There are times I'm not hungry, but will eat something. As I know I'll only end up starving later in the day, and make some bad choices.

Smoothies are good for breakfast if you don't feel like actually eating. I do a great breakfast one up. It's around 400 calories, but feels you very for ages. Salads with a little protein eg. Tin tuna, small amount of chicken is something light for lunches, adding a healthier/homemade dressing adds a few calories as well.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Mel
  • what are you eating? not all food has the same caloric density
    I'm eating fruit for breakfast fruit for a snack usually a sandwich for lunch, beans and an ounce tortilla chips, and then whatever is made for dinner (as I still live at home).
  • Just had a quick look at your diary. You need to eat at least 3 meals a day. I eat 6 smaller meals a day. There are times I'm not hungry, but will eat something. As I know I'll only end up starving later in the day, and make some bad choices.

Smoothies are good for breakfast if you don't feel like actually eating. I do a great breakfast one up. It's around 400 calories, but feels you very for ages. Salads with a little protein eg. Tin tuna, small amount of chicken is something light for lunches, adding a healthier/homemade dressing adds a few calories as well.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Mel
    Thank you for looking into my diary! I really appreciate that. I will definitely eat more meals, even if I'm not hungry.
  • dhanisk
    dhanisk Posts: 29
    Wish I can inherit part of your problem :-)

On a serious note, nuts are one of the best ways to add good calories to your diet. Almonds and Walnuts are my favorites. Nuts are calorie-rich but also provide essential nutrients and protein.

While I have to keep my nut consumption in check because they are calorie-rich. but, lit seems they can be a big help to you as you need to increase your intake to at least 1200 net calories every day. Eat a handful several times a day.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Some medications suppress appetite. If you are taking some kind of long term medication, talk to your doctor about adjusting dosage. Antibiotics tend to make a person feel queasy and not interested in food much.