Iron Rich Foods

Hi everyone,

Interested to see how much iron my diet on MFP was, I added Iron into the reporting. I was shocked to see how little iron i took in each day.

Can anyone give me some iron rich recipes or ideas how to get more iron into my diet?

And while I'm at it, I've added sugar as a reporting tab too...which is a daily reminder to reduce sugar!

Thanks
Toria

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    I also have trouble with getting enough iron. I eat several whole eggs a week. The yolk is rich in iron. Dark, leafy greens are a good source too. I've been making kale chips. And I do make a good sirloin steak stir fry every 10 days or so. I get the taste of steak, which I love, and the iron, without going overboard.
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Hi everyone,

Interested to see how much iron my diet on MFP was, I added Iron into the reporting. I was shocked to see how little iron i took in each day.

Can anyone give me some iron rich recipes or ideas how to get more iron into my diet?

And while I'm at it, I've added sugar as a reporting tab too...which is a daily reminder to reduce sugar!

Thanks
    Toria

Since I have to be up on my iron, I TRY to eat a bowl of cereal with a lot of iron in it everyday. (plus leafy greens, wheat waffels and a few other things) I honestly think it is really hard to sometimes get even half of the amount you need (at least for me) so that is what seems to be working!