new to MFP

Options
I had a personal trainer, and she had me on the loseit! app, but after research i decided to switch to MFP.. Hopefully I continue to have the same results with MFP that i had with LoseIt! So far i love it! My goal is to lose 23lbs, and so far i have lost 8.4. has anyone else switched from LoseIt! to MFP? Pros and cons? My daily calorie budget dropped from 1310 to 1200. Does anyone know why that might be? I read that 1200 is like the min cal intake for women, but i exercise 5x/wk and burn about 400+ calories, so i'm able to intake more.

Replies

• curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, the daily intake will drop. Please feel free to add me, the more the merrier!
  • tomscfc1
    Options
    My daily calorie budget dropped from 1310 to 1200. Does anyone know why that might be? I read that 1200 is like the min cal intake for women, but i exercise 5x/wk and burn about 400+ calories, so i'm able to intake more.

There are some pretty crazy calculations which go into these things and I'd hesitate to say any are accurate enough to judge 110 cals difference person to person. If you follow the simple principle of burining more than you consume you will lose weight!

By the way, if you are exercising that much then you will see the weight drop quickly.

Be careful though as if you're recording your intake correctly, your net intake is just 800cals per day which is a bit on the low ride and you may lose some muscle or become overtired etc. Really important to not forget rest days inbetween workouts too as its pretty tough on your body having less energy(calories) to repair itself with after each workout.

As above feel free to add