hmmmm....calories?

arfletcher
arfletcher Posts: 143
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, So I have only tracked my food for the last couple of days here online - but I have been keeping a food journal for about 6 weeks. The way I have eaten in the last few days doesnt differ from the last six weeks. But if I am tracking my food correctly - and I think that I am - Then I am not meeting my daily calorie intake AT ALL!! I am falling short by about 500 a day...

Now here's the best part - I EAT ALL THE TIME!!! I am feel like it has become my full time job to eat. I am eating protien and veggies at every meal - and ALOT of veggies. I am not hungry when I shouldnt be - I am eating good sized portions (at least I think that they are good sized - I am full afterwards)

So should I really be worrying? Should I be trying to eat more - groan - or should I just stick to what I am doing... Keep in mind that I am eating really clean - no dairy/no sugars/no white foods/no wheat - all on the advise of a nutrionist....

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Your calories should be between 300 to 500 per meal.
    protein should be 15 to 30 g
    carbs 30 to 50
    fat 20 to 30 % or LESS of total calories
    Fiber at least 5 g (20 to 25 g/day)
    sodium - LESS than 700 mgs

Sounds like you are eating healthy which is great but are you eating enough protein? Enough veggies?
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Clean eating is good eating:-) How did you determine what your calories should be? Did your nutritionist help you out with this, or are you going by the calories calculated by MFP? And are you eating at least 1200 a day??

• Sounds like you are eating healthy which is great but are you eating enough protein? Enough veggies?

I eat protien at every meal and snack - SO MUCH PROTIEN!

And I am eating probably 4 or more cups of veggies a day and at least half a cup of berries for breakfast.....
  • Clean eating is good eating:-) How did you determine what your calories should be? Did your nutritionist help you out with this, or are you going by the calories calculated by MFP? And are you eating at least 1200 a day??

MFP set me up with 1400 - I'm making around 1000-1100 a day. My nutritionist didnt say anything about calories - and I havnt been counting them up to now - I wouldnt even know that I was so low if I wasnt tracking them here....
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    I so admire your healthy eating! That is awesome.

You need to get your calories up, I just looked at your food diary. Your body needs at least 1200(approx) calories on a daily basis. I am a short girl, and when eating only 1200 cal or less, my weight loss stalled and I was so tired all the time. When I added about 200 more calories I actually started to lose weight.
    Is there a high calorie nut you could add? A sunflower spread or even peanut butter to your breakfast?

Good luck.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I just checked out your diary, and although it seems like a lot of food to you, it really isn't (if what you've posted so far is an indication). Try to get close to the amount MFP recommends for you.
  • arfletcher
    Thanks Everyone! I am going to start adding nuts to my oatmeal in the morning and try to eat more stuff like advacado... Lets see what I can do!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    I actually think you are underestimating your cals. How are you cooking your veg? Any oils? Dressings? Those pack on the cals. Take a look at my diary if you wish.
  • arfletcher
    I steam my veggies or eat them raw - i dont use oil to cook - if i need to saute onions i use homemade veggie broth that has no oils in it either...

I am under the impression that i might be underestimating calories too- i am still getting into the hang of things.
This discussion has been closed.