I think it might be a good idea to make some friends! =]

Options
Hey hey,
My name is Lacey, I weigh (last time I checked) about 161. I'm 5'5, and pretty curvy. I'm trying to keep my curves but lose around 20 pounds and get down in the 140s.
I just quit smoking recently, it's been almost 20 days! I have replaced cigarettes with getting healthy.
I'm on a HUGE tea kick right now, I might have replaced cigs with tea also =/
I'm on a 1200 or so calorie a day diet, I'm trying to lean towards mainly veggies and protein, and I use yoga, ellipticals, walking, and DDR as my exercise.
My biggest weakness is PIZZA and VELVEETA MAC AND CHEESE. I wish there was some way I could live on those two food items and be a healthy happy camper. haha.
Well, hopefully I can get to know some people here, and we can support eachother and stuff, because a support system is honestly a great thing. =]

Replies

• lacey_diane
    lacey_diane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    also, anyone use tumblr?
  • meyerstwilight6
    meyerstwilight6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me Lacey! I am just about your weight and I am your height also. I've lost 53 pounds so far and counting! Pat yourself on the back for taking the first step and getting closer toward your goals :)
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I don't use tumbler but I can be your friend here :)
  • RevNS
    RevNS Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me too! Happy to support and congrats on your achievements so far!

Nancy
  • zalegna
    zalegna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" as well and used to weigh around 161/162 when I was at my largest a few years ago, I really started to hit it hard in the last year and I'm down to about 141 now and I'm still pretty curvy.
  • pattycakes10117
    pattycakes10117 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Pat. I weigh too much. Started this myfitnesspal to keep track of what all I am eating.
    I have trouble making myself exercise. I am a Admin. Manager to our company and sit most all day.
    I am 5'5" and 215. Goal is 175.......
    How do get motivated to just do this.
    My knees hurt...so I know they are crying for me to do SOMETHING!!!

Glad to meet you all.:flowerforyou:

PS; I too am curvy....my husband says it all fits together nicely...he knows I just want to be thinner and healthy.
  • lacey_diane
    lacey_diane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks guys =] and that's good inspiration because around 141 is exactly where I wanna end up! Any advice?
  • zalegna
    zalegna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My advice is to think of it as a lifestyle change, not a short term diet. Keep track of everything you are eating. Avoid sodas, sugar and fake sugar. Reduce sodium and white carbs. Eat lots of veggies. I'm a protein burner so I need more protein generally. Eat frequently (I eat about 6 times a day). Exercise, exercise, exercise. It's all a balancing game. I've learned through my experiences that you have to have your nutrition and your exercise in check. At different periods in my life I've either had my nutrition in check w/o the exercise and then I've had the exercise/weight lifting in check w/o the nutrition and I've never seen the results I've wanted until I've had the both combined. Feel free to ask me anything!
  • Friends are always a good idea! I got two of my friends to join with me. We all sat around and complained about the weight we were gaining, especially me, because freshman 15 is no joke, and my best friend after her first and only child. So we joined! I used the myfitnesspal app on my old iphone, and quickly lost 10 lbs(and kept if off for years until my summer beer binge), same with my boss who was using the app and having regular gym visits with me. After my iphone broke, (saddest day) I didn't have the motivation to use the actual myfitnesspal website. But drastic times call for drastic measures (is that how the saying goes?)! So I am back! And ready to meet others who are willing to motivate me and I will in return motivate them!