yeTrying this instead of weight watchers this time around

Options
I used to do weight watchers and lost over 50 lbs about 4 years ago, kept most of it off until a surgery I had last year. I have been recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and need to lose all the weight I gained back. I am trying this instead of weight watchers because this is free and money is tight right now. Any advice for this new gal?

Replies

• texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I used to do weight watchers also. You can kind of use this the same way except it counts calories instead of points. You can track what nutrients you want along with your calories. I've got my nutrients set to what weight watchers figured your points by (fat, fiber, carbs, and protein). Just go to settings (at the top of the page), then click on "diary settings", then click "nutrients tracked" and there you can put in whatever nutrients you want to track. I think you can choose 5 different nutrients you wish to track, calories are automatically tracked by MFP. Hope this helps.
  • janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Like many on MFP, I have been on WW too. I like the flexibility on MFP much better, and the price is right. Good luck!
  • ImTigger75
    ImTigger75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am trying MFP for the first time and have been a past WW member. I was laid off a few months ago so I understand the money situation but realize I can't let that stop me from getting in better shape. I've let too many things sidetrack me and I'm done with that. I wish you all the best luck on your new endeavor!!
  • reossmae
    reossmae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have to say I've only been doing this for 4 days but I have found it easier than weight watchers. You can easily check your balance through the day and plan those little treats that may the day seem brighter...and I can already feel my clothes are a little bit lighter. If you can achieve with weight watchers you have the motivation and tools to lose with this scheme too. Good luck!
  • Shenell34
    Options
    I am new on here as of today and I was going to try WW for the first time this month, but I am going to give this a try first. I have lost weight big time before on phentermine, Oxyelite and etc I am 30lbs from where I want to be and I know I can get there and this time trying to do it without supplements. I wish everyone great success on their journey