Realistic 8 Week Goals! Help please

Options
Hi All,

I'll be possibly looking at getting a wedding dress designed in 8 weeks. I live in Perth Australia but the designer is unfortunately in Melbourne. they require 6-9months to make a wedding dress! and obviously financially if i can get it started in 8 weeks that would be the best option

Anyhow - can anyone give me an idea of what they think is a realistic weightloss and measurement change for 8 weeks? Love to her your experiences or ideas.

Thanks Heaps
xo

Replies

• Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Plan on something realistic like 15 pounds tops unless you crash diet.
    You could lose twice that, but then you'd gain it all back plus another 10 pounds post honeymoon.
    A reasonable approach is to plan on losing 1 pound per week as per MFP recommendations.
    And plan on fitness goals that last a lifetime.
    Good Luck, and congratulations on the upcoming, big event!
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    anywhere from 8-15 pounds. as for measurements it would depend a lot on your body type, whether you strength train or not, and many other factors. however if you are having the designer make it you can always tell them that you are trying to lose weight for the wedding..they should then give options like leaving a sizable seam allowance to be later adjust closer to the wedding date. that seam allowance will then allow the dress to be taken in or let out so you won't have to stress too much about it. IF you do this you MUST keep them updated on your weight loss especially as the wedding date gets close in case of any major alterations.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 8 lbs (3.6 kg) is reasonable. For you to look your absolute best in that dress, get to lifting some heavy weights and keep your diet pretty sensible and you'll see amazing things!

Good luck!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'll be possibly looking at getting a wedding dress designed in 8 weeks. I live in Perth Australia but the designer is unfortunately in Melbourne. they require 6-9months to make a wedding dress! and obviously financially if i can get it started in 8 weeks that would be the best option

Anyhow - can anyone give me an idea of what they think is a realistic weightloss and measurement change for 8 weeks? Love to her your experiences or ideas.

Thanks Heaps
    xo

How much do you have to lose?

I ask because generally, the more you have to lose, the quicker weight comes off at the very beginning. I started with about 70 pounds to lose and lost 19 in the first two months. It took another 3 months to lose the next 18 pounds. During the first 2 months, I lost 6 inches off my waist. It took the next 3 months to lose the next 2 inches off my waist, to where I am right now.