had a horrible day

Options
What do you guys do when you have a bad day? I wont bore you with specifics, but it was just a crappy, emotional day!!! Had to go to town and I indulged when I know I shouldnt have and I had to skip my morning workout, but am hoping to do one tonight before bed...just dont have the energy today...Tomorrow will be better I know...just wanted to rant a little...Thanks!!

Replies

• plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Nice bubble bath....after your workout!! doing the workout will probablly help you release some tension :)
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Bad day means straight to the gym after I pick up my kids. No excuses. I usually have my best workouts those days. Hope it gets better for you. Go ahead and get in some kind of exercise in tonight, you'll be glad you did.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Not every day is unicorns and rainbows.
    If you want an immediate lift, check out my diary.
    No matter what you did, it could always be worse....:flowerforyou:
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Meditate. Positive affirmations. Quiet time. Take a walk. Call a friend to take my mind off my problems. Hot cup of green tea in my favorite chair.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I smash the crap out of my weights, just like I did this morning! I went all RAGE on them and if felt great!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Forget about it- Go to bed! Tom is a fresh day!
  • Aliykat
    Aliykat Posts: 29
    Options
    I as well had a horrible day. Though I did manage to two work outs and eating well I still feel like giving up!

But tomorrow is a new day, so chin up and smile :)
  • wyattmj
    wyattmj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Everyone has them!! Enjoy your indulgences when they happen, relax doing something that you enjoy, and allow yourself a small break once in a while. Everything doesn't change instantly, you're changing your life, and it takes work! I lost just over 20 pounds over the course of last year, had a little relapse over the holidays, and now I'm hitting it hard again! I got dragged to lunch and didn't make wise choices on Thursday, so I woke up today with purpose in my step, and got a good workout in after work. You're right, tomorrow's another day, make it a good one!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I LOVE THIS!!!! What a great attitude and uplifting for those of us having a bad day.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I just try to realize it could be worse.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Hang in there...tomorrow is a new day!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Options

I LOVE THIS!!!! What a great attitude and uplifting for those of us having a bad day.
    Let my misery be your joy!
    I am swimming in despair...:sad:
    Glad I could help!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had such a bad day. I had a horrible one as well. I took care of the necessities and have been a lump in my recliner since I got home.....I'll probably go to bed early, so I can be well rested and tomorrow will be a new day.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    OMFG Bobby Cleric did you really eat all that I would be comatose and lying on the floor. Sorry I had to look
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    OMFG Bobby Cleric did you really eat all that I would be comatose and lying on the floor. Sorry I had to look

^^^ this!!!
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    One day is a blip on the radar.

Drink lots of water tomorrow and get back on track!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Apparently when Bobby is having a day, he doesn't play! hahaha

But seriously, sorry about your crappy day too Bobby :frown:
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Options

^^^ this!!!
    I ate so much I hurt....but, I confess.
    Today was a "free day".
    I can remember days when this was normal eating. I used to be an athlete, and after I retired from the sport, I still ate like a guy who trained 8 hours every day.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Bad days happen. If I can't shake it off easily, I sort of just go with it. I mope and pout and wallow in the gloom and doom for a few hours. Curl up under a blanket with a good book. Just go with it. After a while it tends to dissipate.

As for the eating/exercising...eh, it's one day. Weight loss isn't an all-or-nothing, immediate success or instant failure, sort of thing. One day going off the path, veering from the routine you had established for yourself, doing something not in the plan...one day doesn't mean it's all over. It just means you've postponed your final goal by a few hours. How many years have you been unhealthy? What's a few more hours?
  • annieflowergirl82
    Options
    I just try to remember that tomorrow is a New Day with no Mistakes In It!!!