12 days in where are the results?

Options
Hello. My name is Megan. I'm new to this healthy lifestyle. I've had 2 kids in 2 years and have about 50 lbs to lose. I've been on myfitnesspall for a week now. Doing really well at staying under my calorie goal and drinking water instead of pop. I have been woriking out an hour every day since last monday (2-15). Am I overdoing it? :huh: I keep fluctuating up and down. One morning I've lost 3 lbs and the next I've gained 2 back. Maybe I just want things to happen too fast. Your thoughts? I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks :heart:

Replies

• rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When you start working out, it will take a few weeks before you see any pounds drop off. I lost 12 pounds before I started exercising and two weeks ago I started exercising 3 times a week for 30 min to an hour and since then I haven't really gained or lost anything. It's frustrating, but everyone keeps telling me that when you start moving your muscles they retain water and that's part of the issue. Keep up the good work!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I think your doing fine and just need to stick steady to your plan. Weight can fluctuate day to day. You will weigh least in the morning. Watch your salt intake, and just stay focused on your goals. You can succeed. I have faith in you.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Megan. I'm new to this healthy lifestyle. I've had 2 kids in 2 years and have about 50 lbs to lose. I've been on myfitnesspall for a week now. Doing really well at staying under my calorie goal and drinking water instead of pop. I have been woriking out an hour every day since last monday (2-15). Am I overdoing it? :huh: I keep fluctuating up and down. One morning I've lost 3 lbs and the next I've gained 2 back. Maybe I just want things to happen too fast. Your thoughts? I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks :heart:

Eating your exercise cals?
    What are your cals at? How far under?

I know the feeling tho... I have had to GAIN before I get to lose!!! :sad: The above are just some of the questions I've seen asked, I've been asked and have seen on here (in teh whole 2 weeks I've been on!) many times (mostly from me...HAHAHAHA!!!)

Good luck!!!
  • mt130022
    mt130022 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well, please don't let this discourage you but I've been doing MFP, healthy eating, working out 6-7 days a week for a month and I'm JUST NOW seeing results in my body. It does happen, but we're all different. Keep it up! :drinker:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Megan, It seems what they are saying is good advice. If you do choose to weigh yourself daily or often, make sure you are doing around the same time each day. I changed my diary to show how much sodium I was taking so I would not go over the 2500, even though you might be doing good on your calories, you might be taking more sodium in. Also, the scale is not the only source to see your progress. How do you feel throughout the day? Do you have more energy? How do your clothes fit now? Those are additional benefits to eating and being healthy.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It took me about a month to see results. Your muscles hold water when you exercise until you get used to it. I lost 21/2 pounds my first month and 9 my second. Just don't give up.