need some advice in adding calories

Options
Dakryn
Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
I have been doing some research and my BMR is 1468, my TDEE is 2275, so my calorie goal is 1820... this is probably why I havent really lost much weight even though I am working out...and should I really eat my workout calories back...that would be about 2200 calories a day...
can you guys give me some good examples of how I can increase my calories, in a good way...I eat usually five times a day and I feel full all day, but I need to eat more..any advice would be helpful.... thanks in advance...

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    We have to add calories to food for my daughter who needs to gain weight. We are new at it, but so far, we stir Carnation Instant Breakfast into her milk, yogurt, etc. You could buy protein powder and stir it into milk, yogurt, a smoothie, etc. If you are making scrambled eggs and you would usually eat 2, stir in 1 more yolk. You won't notice much extra volume but you get most of the calories of a 3rd egg from that extra yolk. Lots of peanuts/almonds/cashews as snacks. Spread peanut butter on crackers or a banana for a snack. Cheese is also a pretty healthy food high in calories--think cheese and crackers, cheese cubes, string cheese, shredded cheese on top of soup or chili, etc.

The main thing the nutritionist stressed to us about our daughter was that she couldn't really eat more volume, she was already eating until she was full, which sounds similar to you. So it's about packing more calories into the same volume, but in a healthy way. Look at most of your regular foods and you can usually do one of the above to add some extra calories to it. Even drinking OJ instead of water will give you 100 extra calories that are super healthy!