QUESTION!

Options
So I'm doing C25k and I just went on a run, here's my dilemma...
If I log in MFP that I just ran/jog 30 min it calculated 341 cal burned.
If I use map my run app which I did it says I burned 130 cals burned
If I went off my HRM that I'm not sure is so accurate it says I burned 501 cals on that 30 min run.

my hrm is from walmart it was like $35 and I've never been sure of how accurate it really is.

so which would you go off to be more accurate for Kcal burned
MFP?
Map my run?
HRM?

Replies

• cleomouri
    cleomouri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When in doubt average them?

100 cal seems really low to me for a 30 minute run.

If you didn't want to do math (like the averaging idea) I'd probably stick with MFP. At worst you'll burn more calories than it reports so in theory you still win. Error on under reporting I'd think than over reporting.
  • insannaty87
    Options
    I think that everything on MFP is heightened (calories burned). I always go off other devices i.e.: Machines, Heart Rate Monitor. 30 minutes of Hard Cardio is probably around 250 Calories depending on your pace. This also depend on your weight too though. Everything varies.
  • haley98110
    haley98110 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I guess that sounds like the best plan, going with the lower one so that I don't think I can go eat 500 more calories then I should have. It's weird that my HRM always gives me soo many. When I was doing insanity my average burn was 600-700 calories in 1 dvd. That just didn't sound right to me.
  • Keturahaku
    Options
    Stick with MFP for now, I'm not saying other products don't work but so you don't get confused, Good luck