5'4" larger frame ideal weight?

Options
I'm wondering what other women with my same height have as their goal weight. I measured my wrist circumference, and its right at 6.25" which means I have a larger frame. When I see someone my height who is at 125 lbs, I think to myself "is there really a way that i could get my weight THAT low??" Im at 157 currently and was thinking of shooting for 140... Any other large framed ladies with success stories who are willing to share?

Replies

• XxBrightsidexX
    Options
    im 5'6 and my nutritonist said a healthy weight would be around 145, So id say 130 for you. I mean i wouldn't worry much. If you start feeling happy, and are comfortable, then thats what it should be. i wouldn't about the number so much :)
  • Anh3s
    Anh3s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my average weight has always been 125-130. I am also not petite by any means. Big boned is what my Mamaw always called me, lol. Now there were times I would get down to 120-115 and that was just waaay too low for my build. I looked sickly. I think you would be fine. :)

Actually I just measured my wrist and its 6.5".
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have a goal weight of 130. If I can get to 128 I'd be really happy, but once I get lower than like 130 I tend to look sickly so it'll really depend on how thin my face wants to continue getting.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    130 sounds like a good goal but honestly I think you'll know when you get there. It's perfectly fine to change your goal too. I'm 5'4" and mine is 115 (lowest) but I'm small framed. I started here a little over 130lbs-- definitely too heavy for me. I've seen 5'4" women here with everything between 100-130ish goals and even though those differences are astounding to me they can all be healthy depending on the person. So yeah everyone is different because of frame and body composition.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I get conflicting signals from my body of if I'm med or large build, but I have more muscle than average too.
    bc of the muscle, I really can't see myself any lower than 160, maybe 150 if I really worked at it.
    but honestly I'm totally happy with the 170's or even 180's range. the bmi said I was over weight, but with tons of muscle,
    can fit in my jeans, look great, feel strong and healthy, do challenging workouts...didn't feel a need to go any lower.
    go with how you feel. being healthy is the most important.

btw I'm 5 "4 and a half! lol.
  • lacey_diane
    lacey_diane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and right now I weigh around 160, most people tell me I don't even look like I weigh that much, and my goal is 140.
  • SaintBock
    Options
    At 5'4", I would say probably 120-130, anything around there would be good. I have a larger build myself and I am 5'7" at 120 lbs (size small in shirts, 4 or 6 in pants). It doesn't look bad on me, but it depends on the person.

I guess just re-evaluate once you get to the goal you set. If you still think you could stand to lose a few (chubby belly or whatever), then go for it... but if you look and feel great at that weight there's no need to change! It's all about how you feel because people with similar bone structures and height don't always carry their weight the same way. :)
  • mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and In high school I was in a size 3-5 and my weight was 155lbs but people said I looked about 125-130. However I am pretty muscular. I wouldnt say go by weight go by how YOU feel and how you feel in your clothes :-}