Mexican meatloaf

1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
3 pieces white bread
1 egg
1/2 c. green pepper
1 can rotel
8 oz velveeta mexican style cheese
1 tsp paprika

Tear bread into pieces. Cube velveeta. Mix all ingredients & form into loaf. Put in loaf pan & bake for 1 hr at 350 degrees.

Number of Servings: 5

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AMYSCHOENFELDT.

Number of Servings: 5
Calories per servng: 345

*If anyone can find a way to make this more healthy I'd love the input because this is delicious & I want it to be as healthy as can be. Thank you:happy:

Replies

• kas1021
    Options
    ground turkey instead of ground beef or half and half. whole grain bread rather than white. soy cheese instead of velveeta. and fresh tomatoes instead of canned. fresh ingredients are always better.
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ground turkey instead of ground beef or half and half. whole grain bread rather than white. soy cheese instead of velveeta. and fresh tomatoes instead of canned. fresh ingredients are always better.

hahahhaa wow that was amazing!!! lol i should give u all ma meals see how to make them healthier!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It is usually suggested as half and half for the meat since the ground turkey doesn't have enough fat to hold it together. If you want to use it by itself you can add an egg to it to stick together.

Instead of using Mexican velveta, try using a packet of Taco seasoning and a light shredded cheese. Replace the white bread with honey whole wheat or whole grain bread.
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am bumping for the recipe:smile:
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hope you like it:wink: