will someone please analyze today's protien/carb/ fat

Options
will someone please analyze today's protien/carb/ fat breakdown for me?

Replies

• barker3753
    Options
    Yours or mine?
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Looks good. Why not set it a little higher in your goals so it doesn't look like you are going crazy on protein, because you aren't!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The first thought that came to my mind was wondering why the heck a 32-year old, 175 lb. man has set his base intake at 1200 calories per day. If you're trying to cut fat and maintain lean body mass/muscle, you're not giving your body enough nutrients to do its job. Running your stats through the BMR calculator at http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ , your BMR alone is over 1800 calories per day - and BMR is the baseline calories it takes to sustain nothing but vital bodily functions when you're in a coma.

If I might offer a suggestion - read the first post in this thread, do the calculations and set your calories and macros up to give your body the nutrition it needs (and definitely isn't getting at 1200 calories a day):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Mikemax125
    Options
    Under eating can make it nearly impossible to burn unwanted fat. You will lose weight that way, but your body will hold all the flab. Dont go over a -300 calorie deficit of your BMR in my opinion. Switch your instant oatmeal for plain oatmeal to lower sugar and eat 1 less banana. Another side note look for better sources of protein, the whey is great when you wake up, and Post-workout. no need for 4 scoops a day though. Also fat is not your enemy, sugar is. Eating good fats can burn fat.
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    Under eating can make it nearly impossible to burn unwanted fat. You will lose weight that way, but your body will hold all the flab. Dont go over a -300 calorie deficit of your BMR in my opinion. Switch your instant oatmeal for plain oatmeal to lower sugar and eat 1 less banana. Another side note look for better sources of protein, the whey is great when you wake up, and Post-workout. no need for 4 scoops a day though. Also fat is not your enemy, sugar is. Eating good fats can burn fat.
    I hope you meant to say "Don't go over a -300 calorie deficit from your TDEE". Big difference.
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    eating pretty clean,
    hungry more often than not.

doubled my protien intake cut fat and carb intake.
    running lifting dieting, p90xing...
    today isfourth day of p90x, 6th day of intense training.

GAINED TEN POUNDS! went from 170 to 180... im 5'6.5...

body fat went from 15 to 14...

i came in a 170 looking to make 155, i wanted to lose 15 pounds and and get shredded i wanted to go from 15% body fat to 5% body fat. or 12% to 7%

but im fluctuating and dont know what to expect.
    discuss
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    ...but im fluctuating and dont know what to expect.
    discuss
    See my post above. You're not gaining muscle.

1) P90X is more cardio than strength training.

2) You don't gain muscle in a caloric deficit, and your deficit is WAY too large.

3) How are you measuring bodyfat? A 1% decrease is almost impossible to accurately measure.

4) What you're doing is completely counterproductive to your goals. The way to preserve lean body mass while losing fat (thus lowering your BF%) is adequate calorie/protein intake combined with strength training. The way you're doing it, you're going to lose large amounts of lean body mass (of which muscle is a component) along with your fat, thus maintaining BF% (if you're lucky), or more likely INCREASING your BF% due to the muscle loss.
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    the body fat decrease is a measurement of average differences of measurements over more than a week.

did ichange my goals? i was supposed to change my goals right?