Anyone starting out around 210 and 5' 8"?

Options
I'm currently around 210 and 5' 8". I just want to find someone around my stats that's trying to get down around 140-150ish? What are you guys doing to jump start your weight loss?

I could totally use the support.
Even if you're not around my stats, we can all use the support!!

Replies

• sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and weighed 225lbs when I started in August! lol. I am 185lbs now, but what I did was just went full boar into it, within the first week I saw results and after that I was hooked! Good luck! =]
  • stephj1216
    stephj1216 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I love working out, its the getting up an actually going that gets me lol. I'm hoping to actually stick with it this time. I know I can achieve my goals, I've lost the weight before but I got too comfortable in my relationship and unfortunately we both gained weight :/

I've dived head first into it today so I'm looking forward to 8-10 months from now :)

Good luck to you as well!!
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hahaha oh I feel ya, I sometimes push it last min as far as I can in the day! ohh =[, well what matters is you are ready to do it again!! :D. And that is super awesome!! Thank you! =]
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was about 220 and 5'8 when I started and now Im down to 180, and hoping to drop some more as I havnt made much progress since summer in weight loss :(
  • angelizer
    Options
    Im 5'7 started at 202. I too did the get comfortable in a relationship weight gain, working on getting rid of that plus a bit extra. aiming for somewhere around 160-170.

with some effort im sure we will all get to where we want to be. all the best!!

havn't got around to adding friends on here yet, think its about time i should
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 248. I'm 159 now :) mfp is amazing!! Stick to it and you'll do great!
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and 197... but started around 220. Slow and steady wins the race, seriously. I don't lose every week, but the scale always moves down eventually. Believe in the process.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I started off with stats similar to yours. I am 5'9", and my starting weight was 215. I now hover around the upper 120s.

140 to 150 is definitely doable.
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5.10 and started in August at 190 I'm now 178 and want to get to 154-8 . Please feel free to add me I'm on here every day :smile:
  • MerBear1985
    Options
    I am/started around 210, I am 5'6" and am looking to be somewhere between 150-160 depending on how that feels/looks when I get there. Anyone feel free to add me, I can use all the support I can get, and I like to be supportive too! I log in everyday and really need to be accountable!
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm at 232 and 5'6. I started at 260 and have been at this for about 2 years. Really more like 1.5 years since I kinda slacked off for a bit. I'm back now though and want to reach at least 194 by Dec. My ultimate goal is around 150-130 depending on how I feel etc...
    I go to Curves 3-4 times a week and I just started the Curves Complete program, my first day will be Monday.
  • beezipper
    beezipper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and after a year-long plateau at 215 I'm down to 209. I just read the book Eat to Live by Dr. Fuhrman (one of the nurses I work with handed it to me because we've discussed similar eating patterns in the past) and I really liked it. I'm trying to employ some of the stuff in there but not all of it right now. I'm not a fad dieter - I did that for way too many years and went up and down and up and down. For right now I'm trying to get down to 180 (more immediately I'm trying to get below 205 - right?!) but once I get there I might want to try to lose more.
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was 5'8 and 207 when started mfp in December 2011 and with healthy eating, logging everyday, and exercise I lost 30 lbs by March 2012. I don't exactly know how, but I fell off the wagon and I am currently back at 207. I am doing it again and I am going to log everything. The good, the bad, the ugly. Let me tell you,.when I was eating right and exercising I felt great. More I am tired and sore most days. I am back at it. I plan on starting slow with exercise by doing my wii fit, wii zumba, and walking. I am trying to eat around 1350 calories per day. My goal is 155.