Newbie!

Options
Hi! I am new to all this,only on my 4th day and looking to lose 30 lbs on a 1200kcal per day diet. I am expecting to need motivation at some point as i am a boredom eater (especially when my husband works nights and i'm on my own!). My goal weight is 10stone, so fingers crossed i get there by the summer or thereabouts. Any one else out there with a similar goal? I am 28 and have a 2 year old daughter.

Replies

• stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have about 40 lbs to go to reach my goal of 120lbs. Good luck with your journey I know you can do it!
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Sounds like you're determined, have you managed to lose much with this so far?
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

With a 2 year old daughter you will be quite active!!! and 1200 cals may not be enough for you. You could find yourself getting very hungry and make more difficult for yourself. Slower weight losses are proven to be far more sustainable and successful for keeping it off too.

You may want to either set your weight loss to 1lb a week and go with MFP figures, or you could actually find out your BMR and TDEE to find out what you should actually be eating. The following link will give you all the information you need:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Good luck :smile:
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Hun, I wanna lose 14lbs. Love this site it really works, add me if you want too. We all need the extra support chatter and fun x
  • lucypeaks
    Options
    i am pretty active as i work mornings too! It's true that 1200kcal may be too little so have decided to try it for a while but if i find i am struggling with it i will increase to 1400 kcal per day (which i think equates to the 1lb per week weight loss) Thanks for the tips!
  • lucypeaks
    Options
    Thanks shelmac i will add you! Have you been on here long?
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    helllllloooo bbe!
    so glad u took up my suggestion and joined! the people are so supportive on here. good luck bbe x