Peanut Butter & Co

Options
I have heard rave reviews about Peanut Butter & Co flavored peanut butters, so I decided to give it a try. I really wanted either the White Chocolate or the Cinnamon, but all the my grocery store had was the Dark Chocolate so I bought that one. I got home and tried it and could not believe how sweet it was - like so sweet it almost hurt my teeth! Maybe it's just because I have grown so used to natural peanut butter that it just seemed overly sweet to me?

My question is - are all of their PBs that sweet? I think I would really like the Cinnamon, but don't know how I'm going to get through the jar I have and don't want to spend the money on the cinnamon if it's super sweet too.

Thanks for any input :flowerforyou:

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I've never heard of this company - I just checked out their catalogue and noted the Maple - ooooooooohhhhhhh I might have to try this... thank you for sharing this! :flowerforyou: I just LOVE :heart: Peanut Butter - one of my weaknesses... :bigsmile:
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just by looking at the labels on their website, evaporated cane juice is the second ingredient in both the chocolate and cinnamon. I assume it's probably just as sweet? I've not tried either so don't go by what I'm saying (though now I want to, they sound awesome!) so hopefully someone that's tried them knows.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the cinnamon one, but the White Chocolate Wonderful is just amazing...
  • PrimalB
    Options
    if sweetness is the hang-up, why don't you save your money and just experiment adding different amounts of actual cinnamon to your natural peanut butter? this way, you can have the cinnamon taste w/o the added sugars.
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Is this sold in regular supermarkets or specialty stores?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You can get them at regular stores, though I see just a few different flavors, not all of them. I shop at Kroger and they have them.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate dreams is the best ever!! It is super sweet; it's good for a sweet craving and I can only eat a little at a time (sometimes :blushing: ) I would assume the others would be just as sweet. However, their smooth operator and crunch time aren't sweetened at all so you might look at those. PB&Co is the only pb that I like!
  • MsGreatful
    MsGreatful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try PBLOCO.com
  • MsGreatful
    MsGreatful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try PBLOCO.com:love:
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the cinnamon one, but the White Chocolate Wonderful is just amazing...

I just got the White Chocolate Wonderful and it is soooooooo delicious! This will definitely be on my grocery list from now on :happy:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yes they're all super sweet. Yes they're all super delicious. Yes I have 4 flavors open (along with my jar of regular natural peanut butter) right now (well not like open in front of me. :laugh:). I put a tbs in my oatmeal and it sweetens & flavors the oatmeal. I eat it by the tablespoonful as a quick treat pick-me-up. I don't think I could eat it on a PB&J sandwich or in large amounts, though because it is so sweet.

Edit: At least all 4 of the flavors I've been able to find and try are super sweet. Dark Chocolate Dreams, Bee's Knees, White Chocolate Wonderful, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl (or something like that)
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I now buy only the Dark Chocolate from Peanut butter and co. Walmart carries for a responsible price. Publix and the web site is more expensive. I enjoy it with banana sandwiches.
  • hollandlop
    Options
    how many cals in 1 tablespoon? and what is so special about this peanut butter?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    how many cals in 1 tablespoon? and what is so special about this peanut butter?

80-90 cals per tbs depending on which flavor you get. What's so special is that it's deliciously flavored peanut butter without any hydrogenated oils or preservatives.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    The white chocolate isn't as sweet as the dark chocolate (I love both!), but it is still fairly sweet compared to regular natural pb. I put a tbsp on a rice cake. I've also sliced a banana and put some of that on there. :love:
  • hollandlop
    Options
    so it is 53 cals for 2 tablespoons? how much does it cost and how much to ship to canada...or usa?
  • lisawest
    Options
    so it is 53 cals for 2 tablespoons? how much does it cost and how much to ship to canada...or usa?

No, it's around 180 for 2 tablespoons, but I rarely use more than 1 tbsp at a time. At my Walmart, it's $3.50 ish per jar. I don't know how much it is on the website.
  • Adam13523
    Options
    Lisa, Ive looked for the white chocolate, if I cant find it, I may need you to bring me some.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

What? How did you get 53 calories for 2 tablespoons when I just told you it's 80-90 calories for ONE tablespoon? :huh:

Those sound like the calories for PB2 (peanut butter with most of the peanut oil removed). "Google" it.
  • lisawest
    Options
    Lisa, Ive looked for the white chocolate, if I cant find it, I may need you to bring me some.

Just let me know! Although I think they have it at the Walmart in GB, so you could get some when you come up in a couple weeks!