Something Happened...

hjsyndrome
hjsyndrome Posts: 215
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Doing P90X. Week 2 day 1 (chest, back and ab ripper x). I got extremely light headed and dizzy about half way through. I had to stop my workout. I have never experienced this ever during my years of exercising. I felt pretty good when i started today, but got light headed real quick. I rested a bit, started back up the workout then got dizzy again. It did when i was doing the push ups. I have lost 6 pounds the first week. I have been tracking everything i eat and exercise on myfitnesspal.com. Trying to stay within 1750 calories a day, I have not gone over that yet. I do a recovery drink everyday.

Could I be missing something in my diet?

Week 1 day 1 was nothing like today.

I am feeling just fine now.

Replies

• i had that happen to me--it was my blood pressure. make sure you are checking that too.

i would back off from exercising full boar...then add back when you can do it without the dizziness. also make sure you are drinking plenty of water...if you think you drank enough, it may not be.

let your body tell you how much to do!
  • 6 pounds in one week does not sound like the healthiest way to lose weight.
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Hey!The first week that I started cutting my calories to the rec'd levels,I felt really faint and weak,I just was not prepared-to add an intense workout on top of that,could be a shock to your system.It took me a good two weeks to adjust,and I had a lot going on-I cannot imagine cutting+adding a hardcore program :sick:
    You may want to talk to your doctor?
    You may want to make your food diary public,so Banks or someone with a clue (not me) can take a look...
    Good luck!
  • Well I have not starved myself. I have eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a snack in between. Now if I loose 5 pounds again the second week i might be a little more worried. But I will be more conscience of what i am eating and making sure i eat. My body is just not used to eating healthier and maintaining a certain calorie level a day. I need a live in nutritionist.....LOL!
  • How do i make my food diary public?

I found it thanks!!!!
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    You have a ton of calories left over,definitely eat your exercise calories:smile:
    Hope that helps!
  • OHHH, see I was thinking to keep at the 1750. I didnt know i was supposed to eat the exercise calories. Well maybe that is my problem.....
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    OHHH, see I was thinking to keep at the 1750. I didnt know i was supposed to eat the exercise calories. Well maybe that is my problem.....

Maybe it is, but it would be a good idea to make a doctor's appointment, if you haven't had a check-up recently, especially since it happened twice in a row.
This discussion has been closed.