Do you eat back your exercise calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up in a way that you are supposed to eat back those exercise cals. The daily goal they give you is already a deficit for you, based on your settings for activity level and how many pounds a week you want to lose. Eating the daily calories withOUT exercise and you would lose weight because it's already a deficit from your estimated TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).

So exercising and not eating back any of those calories puts you at an eve bigger deficit, which may cause you some problems in the long run - eat too little and you may eventually hit the wall, feel exhausted, lack of energy for workouts, and over a long period of time, can screw up your metabolism.

Food is fuel - that's why MFP shows your NET calories - that number should match your daily goal, or at least close to it, and you should still lose weight. At the very least, you should be netting your BMR.

This^^ also do u use a hrm?? Mfp estimates high. Do u have ur settings set to lose 2 lbs per week? Its hard for someone on the outside to know how low ur cals are already set.... I never ate mine back sometimes due to. Wanting an extra snack I needed to use a little and if I felt hungry I would listen to my body and eat. If u start feeling burnt out eat some of them back :) good luck!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes. And I've lost 15 pounds in 3 months.
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do eat them back, I love food too much to let them go. But most of the time I bank them so I can eat more at a special ociasion, I actually never eat them back at the same day (or I must be craving).