I need friends!

Options
I am a 25 year old female. I joined this site a little over a month ago. As a result of the holidays (lame excuse, I know) I have not lost a pound yet and yesterday found myself bingeing. The first three weeks of this felt super easy for me, so maybe I am just having a hard time getting back on track after the holidays.

I have about 60lbs I would like to lose, forever haha. My life recently went through a major change... some great and some horrible and it would be nice to just lose weight, be healthy and strong, and get back my self-esteem I once had.

I am a working professional and am aiming to go to the gym 4-5x a week.

I would like to add a few friends who maybe feel they can relate or would like to also have a friend to share progress, ideas, struggles, etc with.

Replies

• Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    Feel free to to add me. I have had my ups and down and working on losing my last 30lbs but have gotten stuck here for about a year and I am not going to give up! I work full time and go to school also and am super busy. It's great to have friends on here to help keep motivated.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    are you committed to going to a gym, or is working out at home something you'd be into? As the poster above said, absolutely get into a group of like minded people so you can motivate and support each other.

I'd love to chat with you about your goals if you're interested! :)
  • virgolady1981
    Options
    hi i need friends also feel free to add me im new to this site
  • lisaf1983
    lisaf1983 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to the site, feel free to add me.. im 29 and looking to lose approx 10-15 lb i do crossfit and swimming mainly. x
  • virgolady1981
    Options
    are u talking to me???:huh:
  • lesleyt1982
    lesleyt1982 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey hun.
    feel free to add me. I'm a 30 single mum with fulltime job (nurse) and have lost 50lb last year on here. After a bit off a gain at end of last year. I'm aimin for another 20lbs to b happy hopefully. Will comment encourage and tell U if naughty and like the same from myfriends . xxxxx
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request :) The first 3 weeks I was on here I lost NOTHING, but then afterwards (which luckily was the holidays) I just kept going down down down.... I made a huge lifestyle change! So I'll add you, feel free to creep my diary cause it is open to friends. Next goal is to be down another 6lb by Valentine's Day which I call "I love ME". I find I work best with smaller mini goals so I have created mini goals and rewards, they are listed in my profile. You can just adjust the lb number and/or reward if you would like :)

Note: I am upping my calorie intake slightly now and focusing on loosing 1 lb/wk and starting to tone, instead of 2 lb/wk I was doing before.
  • pdurkson
    Options
    One way to build up your determination to succeed in losing weight is: get support from fellow dieters....so you're on the right track by reaching out online and in-person for friends. GOOD FOR YOU!!
  • keepsmiling1971
    Options
    hi add me always happy to help! happy new year, i am just new to this,
  • klynn700
    Options
    Hi!! I am in the same situation as you! I am going to lose 60 pounds and am determine to do this. Please add me. We can help each other.
  • U81fA1th
    U81fA1th Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, we can all use some support to kick our 2013 into the right direction :happy:
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Also... don't focus on the fact you didn't loose any weight (it takes time... almost a month for me), instead focus that you didn't GAIN any weight over the holidays! If you had not started here on MFP in Dec, would you have gained weight? Well then you are actually ahead of what you would have been :) And one meal or day of bingeing won't ruin your diet, just realise your mistake and decide to re-commit on your next meal, or next day, maybe even try to work out the extra calories later on if possible. Don't let one day throw you off track :)
  • cshodges
    cshodges Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! The more the merrier! :)
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Also, anyone else can add me to for that matter! Let's do this!
  • gottalottastylzz
    Options
    Def add me I need friends too it's great to share goals attained to keep motivated.
  • alypotas
    alypotas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me to your friend list. I just started yesterday and am looking to lose about 50 lbs, so similar to you. I have been debating whether or not to join the local community center gym or to do workouts at home. I have such a problem getting motivated, but once I get going into the first two to three weeks I get on a roll and it becomes fun and I don't want to go without my workout and the weight just starts to drop. Let's encourage one another and challenge one another through this journey together!
  • rs1979
    rs1979 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just started on wednesday. Im hoping to lose 20-30 lbs. Feel free to add me and we can do this together.