Not Losing Weight (Not eating at or below 1.2k)

Options
Weight: 164-166
Height: 5'6
TDEE: ~2240
BMR: 1576
Average Calorie Intake: 1750

I have been eating at an average of 1750 for at least a month now. Before that I didn't know about TDEE and I was eating around 1400. I did not lose any weight, it's more like I've been maintaining the same weight for about a year. I am very lost in what I have been doing wrong and I'm hoping someone could guide me towards the right path.

When I calculated my TDEE, I did not include exercise because my workout days are not always constant (I only included my at work activity which consists of moving around and not ever sitting down for about 38hrs/week). So when I do work out, I eat my calories back.
When I first started counting calories I somehow came out with the number of 1400 and that helped me lose my 40lbs. After that I plateaued and I stopped counting for a while, still happening to maintain it. Then I wanted to get back to losing weight again but I've been stuck around 164lbs for what seems like forever.

I don't know what else to do at this point. My diary should be open to everyone and if more information is needed I will be happy to provide.
Oh, I also do drink a lot of water but I always forget to log it so I don't really try anymore

Replies

• firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Bump for help
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    sounds like your numbers are off or your logging is off.

go to the Eat, Train, Progress group. read what's in there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817167-asking-questions-about-your-intake-providing-info

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

ask the 2 people who run that group and they will help you figure it out, i'm sure.

that group is focused on providing real, practical information that is... (drumroll please)... actually correct!

they debunk alot of the silliness and bro-science stuff that gets posted elsewhere on this site, and provide easy to understand information on how to get started or back on track for those having difficulties.
  • firefoxxie
    Options
    sounds like your numbers are off or your logging is off.

go to the Eat, Train, Progress group. read what's in there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817167-asking-questions-about-your-intake-providing-info

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

ask the 2 people who run that group and they will help you figure it out, i'm sure.

that group is focused on providing real, practical information that is... (drumroll please)... actually correct!

they debunk alot of the silliness and bro-science stuff that gets posted elsewhere on this site, and provide easy to understand information on how to get started or back on track for those having difficulties.
    Thank you kindly! :)
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I'd put the fiber column in your numbers and try to hit at least the 25grams recommended daily. My guess is with what you are eating (looks like alot of processed foods for this week - didn't look back any further) you probably aren't getting near enough..
    Also I don't think I'd eat back my exercise calories unless you were really hungry.. Another thing to try (not that I tried to do it but just worked out that way cuz of my hunger - I never plateaued) is zig zagging cals -- try to have a few days/week at 1200-1400, some normal 1700 days, and maybe one or two (if REALLY hungry) higher days -- just try to hit your desired deficit (average).

Good luck!!!
  • firefoxxie
    Options
    Yeah..I've been pretty bad lately with the processed foods :embarassed:
    I will place in the fiber column though! I've always been scared to listen to my body when it says it's hungry but I will give it a try :)
    Thank you for your help!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I have the same stats but before I started cutting calories again, I rested on 1700-1800 and I either STS or gained weight .....
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you ate below your BMR for a while which reduced your body's ability to function properly, therefore probabluy stalling your weight loss. When we do that, sometimes it takes up to 8 weeks to shift back into proper functioning with a good diet (which it seems you are doing now and have been for about a month). I suggest you stick with it for 30 more days and see if the scale moves. Also, if you used TDEE, you should avoid eating back exercise calories and use the lightly active modifier (even if you do only exercise at least once a week).

So, I am no expert, but this is something I learned when I stalled for 4 months and switched to the TDEE method. Best of luck to you!!!
  • firefoxxie
    Options
    Sounds like you ate below your BMR for a while which reduced your body's ability to function properly, therefore probabluy stalling your weight loss. When we do that, sometimes it takes up to 8 weeks to shift back into proper functioning with a good diet (which it seems you are doing now and have been for about a month). I suggest you stick with it for 30 more days and see if the scale moves. Also, if you used TDEE, you should avoid eating back exercise calories and use the lightly active modifier (even if you do only exercise at least once a week).

So, I am no expert, but this is something I learned when I stalled for 4 months and switched to the TDEE method. Best of luck to you!!!
    Every tip helps! Thank you very much :)
    I will try sticking to it for another month. I'm in no rush to lose since I'm pretty okay with where I'm at now but I would at least like to see some movement :P